What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
I am proud to introduce my first proper indoor terrarium. It's a ten-gallon tank with a 125 watt light on top. The sides are lined with white cardboard and aluminum foil. Temperature is a steady 85 degrees (with a drop at night when the light is off).

I am growing the following plants successfully in the terrarium:
* Dionaea muscipula "Low Giant"
* Heliamphora minor
* Cephalotus follicularis
* Nepenthes singalana
* Drosera capensis "Narrow"
* Drosera filiformis "Red"
* Drosera adelae
* Pinguicula agnata "El Lobo"
* Pinguicula caerulea
* Pinguicula tehuacan
* Genlisea lobata x violacea
* Utricularia calcifida
* Utriculara graminifolia
* Utricularia livida

Exterior of the terrarium:
TerrariumExterior1.jpg

The reflective panel on the front can fold down to reveal the interior:
TerrariumDoor1.jpg

Brief look at the interior:
TerrariumInterior1.jpg

Cephalotus (went from green to red within a few days of being placed inside the terrarium):
Cephalotus1.jpg

Drosera capensis "Narrow":
DroseraCapensis1.jpg

Tropical section (Nepenthes singalana, Heliamphora minor, Genlisea):
Tropicals1.jpg

Heliamphora minor with Drosera filiformis "red":
Heliamphora2.jpg

Pinguicula caerulea (with some pine needles on top since caerulea tends to grow in pinelands)
PinguiculaCaerulea1.jpg

So, what do you think?

I think you got yourself a fantastic setup, everything looks so.....happy!

Only one tiny issue....N.singlana and the ceph may find day temps of 85f to be a bit to high in the long haul....the H.minor might not like it either, but I hear minor can grow in lowland temps...so I'm not entirely sure.

Wow, lotta light you got there!

As long as the plants like it, that's all that matters. Please keep us updated on how your N. singalana does! (good choice, btw) Mine is growing very slow and I'm not sure how happy it is with my conditions, it hasn't even pitchered yet.

Oh, WOW!!!
It's so neat and clean and organized, and set up extremely well!!!
Everything looks great and happy, too! :-D

How much does that light cost?

about 95 dollars

How much does that light cost?

The entire light was about $93 (free shipping). I also bought an extra bulb for $30 because some of the Amazon comments says that their bulbs arrived broken so I thought it would be safe to have a backup.

Wow, lotta light you got there!

As long as the plants like it, that's all that matters. Please keep us updated on how your N. singalana does! (good choice, btw) Mine is growing very slow and I'm not sure how happy it is with my conditions, it hasn't even pitchered yet.

One of the baby pitchers is starting to open up now

Very well balanced choice of plants, and that terrarium looks stellar.

I hope to see it all grow in vigorously!

Definitely update us in a few months. I'm betting you get fantastic colors with that mega-light!

I made some space for another pot and I ordered some Byblis liniflora seeds. So in a few months, I'll have a Byblis in the terrarium too

Back