What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rearranging Terrarium and Adding Another

Oh hey a fellow ut grower. I think there's like...4 of us now if that haha. I think your setup looks great.

Thanks! I haven't met anyone else in the state that grows CPs, so that makes you the first one!:-D

Ok, so I ended up not getting the Brocchinia Reducta...yet, but hopefully I can order it tomorrow, or I won't be happy. The only thing stopping me is my parents who are not wanting another plant or anything in the house, which is probably my fault because I have a chameleon, a reef tank, and my carnivorous plants, plus we have a dog; wish me luck trying to convince them for the millionth time!:-(

trick is get some fruit and lots of fruit flys then tell your parents if u can get more cps they will eat the fruit flys......

Well I figure I should sound off on this one, seeing as I am one of the UT growers nightsky referred to. I've been dormant for the winter, but I'm getting over that as my CPs wake up. It's good to see CPs (or at least the hobby) flourishing in the desert. I really like your setup, I agree with everyone else on how awesome it looks. My experience in UT has always been to use a strong light or keep them by the window, looks like you're doing awesome with both!

I'm getting mine online, but I have seen Heliamphora and Brocchinia Reducta at my local nursery, though that may not be saying much because they usually have a lot of Nepenthes in, mostly just Alata and x Miranda, but occassionally they get more exotic ones in. They also get lots of random sundews, butterworts, sarracenia, VFTs, and other carnivorous plants in too.

Where is this nursery? I'd like to check it out sometime. It sounds far better than anything we have down here in Orem. I did however find a N. alata like yours about two weeks ago, my wife got it for me on Valentines Day. I was totally stoked to find such a large plant at a nursery that hasn't had any CPs in almost two years. I'll post some pics come April or so when I have more to show.

well, I never did end up getting my Brocchinia Reducta nor the Heliamphora Nutans, though I may get some within a few months. Currently I'm dealing with my chameleon who has an eye infection, plus a few family things, so plants are on hold for now.

I am going to rearrange my terrariums again, because I'm getting a few more plants from trade and I finally ordered my Brocchinia Reducta today. I also have been adding plants to my grow list for a little while. I will post more pictures once my plants arrive. :)

Back