What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hercules is BACK!!

Thought it was time to close the window and will spring to come!!
Now I can control the temps to the exact degree I wish from 85*F-45*F. So as of now I'm running it at 78*F daytime and 52*F night time. I thought that'd be just right for the kids. And now that I can close the GH up again, the humidity has shot up to 78% daytime. Night time it's getting up to 85%+.

100_7539.jpg

100_7537.jpg

And every beast has to have one of these!! :awesome:

100_7538.jpg

Last edited:
Impressive.....I hearby certify that your setup is indeed.....AWESOME! :awesome:

I wish I could say it was self-sustained.. but I still have to manually change the day and night temps on Hercules. Oh, and fill the humidifier twice a day. But with my lame-O life that's the highlights of my day..

I wish I could say it was self-sustained.. but I still have to manually change the day and night temps on Hercules. Oh, and fill the humidifier twice a day. But with my lame-O life that's the highlights of my day..

Look on the bright side...you get to spend more quality time with the plants that way. :grin:

Nice stuff, Mass!

Whats that nifty purple plant in the middle of the first picture?

It's a type of Wandering Jew.. That's just a little piece that broke off the massive plant in the LL GH.

Really pretty plant, for whatever reason. Maybe because it contrasts so much with the rest of the plants. I'll have to get one. It does well in the HL set up?

Really pretty plant, for whatever reason. Maybe because it contrasts so much with the rest of the plants. I'll have to get one. It does well in the HL set up?

It does well anywhere.. I have some in peat, and some in just standing water. Both are growing great. I'll send you some with your package this week. Just PM me with a reminder so I don't forget.

It does well anywhere.. I have some in peat, and some in just standing water. Both are growing great. I'll send you some with your package this week. Just PM me with a reminder so I don't forget.

Haha, sounds like it could be a weed! Sure thing, I'll send you a reminder as it gets closer. Thanks for the addition :)

Haha, sounds like it could be a weed! Sure thing, I'll send you a reminder as it gets closer. Thanks for the addition :)

Might as well send it now.. so you don't forget. Want me to send you a reminder for the reminder?

Might as well send it now.. so you don't forget. Want me to send you a reminder for the reminder?

Haha, well, I figured if I sent you a reminder now, you would forget. But closer to delivery time, you might remember. Lol. PM incoming!

I keep a close watch on all my PM's. And my PM folders are prim and neat.. I'm OCD like that. So if I get it now I'll look at it constantly until shipping day. Which helps me remember.

I keep a close watch on all my PM's. And my PM folders are prim and neat.. I'm OCD like that. So if I get it now I'll look at it constantly until shipping day. Which helps me remember.

Sounds good.

More on the actual topic though, I'm curious as to how your little machine works. Do you basically just have a free standing air conditioning unit/humidifier? I'm still trying to get my cooling stuff right.

The BIG BERTHA under the table in the first 2 pics is the A/C unit. And you can see the fogging humidifier on the table in one of those pics too.
That's basically what this thread was all about..

The BIG BERTHA under the table in the first 2 pics is the A/C unit. And you can see the fogging humidifier on the table in one of those pics too.
That's basically what this thread was all about..

What's the power consumption on BIG BERTHA? In regards to amps, watts, voltage.

no idea.. I can't find the specs online anywhere.

Feel free to look for yourself..

Touch Point Polar Wind 4 in 1 Portable Air Conditioner

Back