What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

boxofrain

does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
I am no photographer, but here it is.
1st pic....do you have permission to enter the GH?
Cyrus (the vyrus) keeps watch over the nep's.
2nd through 4th...general overview.
5th...N. Spectabilis x aristolochioides.
6th and 7th...new pings, thanks Mass!
8th...me baby Ceph with newly opened pitcher, thanks again Mass!!
9th...N. Maxima Giant, Tentena.
10th...N. sanguinea.
11th...U. Troupini doing well.
I have to apologize for the poor quality, I need to learn how to do this better.
Thanks for the looking!

Oh very nice cat and ceph :p

Wonderful setup!

Out of curiosity for folks like you and Mass who use these setups: the greenhouses of this type I've seen are meant to be used outdoors, so they don't have floors. Do yours? How are you protecting the floor underneath?

Part of me thinks that simply putting a heavy duty tarp on the floor (extending beyond the GH a couple feet in all directions) would be okay, but I worry that any water caught under the tarp (say through a small tear), would create even bigger problems.

lol.. Cyrus the Virus. I liked Con Air, even though it was kind of cheesy.

I thought I sent you more fun stuff than just those. I must've been in a hurry that day. PM me your address Larry! I've got some other stuff up my sleeve for you! We'll get the GH full in no time at all.

Wonderful setup!

Out of curiosity for folks like you and Mass who use these setups: the greenhouses of this type I've seen are meant to be used outdoors, so they don't have floors. Do yours? How are you protecting the floor underneath?

Part of me thinks that simply putting a heavy duty tarp on the floor (extending beyond the GH a couple feet in all directions) would be okay, but I worry that any water caught under the tarp (say through a small tear), would create even bigger problems.

I used an EXTRA thick shower curtain from my local F. Meyer, covered with indoor outdoor carpet per Mass' suggestion.
In all reality, the floor does not get wet despite night time humidity in the upper 90% range and daytime 65% range. OR, the cat may be mopping up while I am away.
I do have epiphytic orchids I spray twice a day along with the Neps, a few drips is all I get on the floor.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

lol.. Cyrus the Virus. I liked Con Air, even though it was kind of cheesy.

I thought I sent you more fun stuff than just those. I must've been in a hurry that day. PM me your address Larry! I've got some other stuff up my sleeve for you! We'll get the GH full in no time at all.

yeah...Cyrus is our Grandson, we got him from our Son's home in Portland Or. He lived in a basement for the first 7 years of his life. Now he has a fenced yard, cat door, bird feeder, pond, garden ( lots of chicken wire around those area's, for obvious reasons :blush: )

Oh yes thank you, you sent me the following
P. Titan
P. Moctezume
P. Ehlersiae
Ceph. "Hummers giant" :banana2:
All are happy and doing very well. I need to work on my photo ability:-(
I have two cameras, a large one with no Macro ability I got for inspections, with only 3 mega pixels, and a small waterproof I take Kayaking, which is what these were taken with.

How many growth points were you able to find on the HG? I saw two, maybe three..

Your cat looks angry. ;_;

Neat N. spect x aristo.

well it's been a while, so here are some recent pics.
Please excuse my illetaracy on the pooter in advance. I ain't too sharp with this tech stuff and I am not familiar with the new photo program have now. And I swear I rotated these damn things!!! Sorry folks...just turn your screen on edge.:-(

Maxima red "tentana" IMGP0009.jpg drooling jacquelinaeIMGP0031.jpg unknown SarrIMGP0038.jpgBicalcerataIMGP0032.jpg splendiana x (tiveyi x veitchii)IMGP0030.jpg U. HumboldtiiIMGP0024.jpg U. NephrophylaIMGP0023.jpg RamispinaIMGP0022.jpg tentaculataIMGP0015.jpg JacquelinaeIMGP0014.jpg U. Reniformis "small form"IMGP0011.jpg splendiana x againIMGP0010.jpg U. BlanchettiiIMGP0054.jpg

Gonna have to teach you how to rotate.
The utrics are going CrAzY!!
Everything looks great Larry.
Just think of how good they'll look in the sunroom.

Spec x aristo + jacq = awesome :drool:

Gonna have to teach you how to rotate.
The utrics are going CrAzY!!
Everything looks great Larry.
Just think of how good they'll look in the sunroom.

Man , you don't know how much I would love to have a tutor to teach me how to post pics well. I know the camera I have can do much better than I can with it.
And I need to find my old photoshop or whatever it was. This new one they installed is way confusing to me!
I got some more pics...I will try to work it out better next time I post.

Back