What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Showcase: crappy final pics

This is the last time I'll be in to see it.. and of course I forgot my camera. So, we're all stuck with iPhone pics. Oh well, good riddance.

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

Well, I have to say. You did a great job with it, it looks REALLY nice you did very well. As always! :D

You left a lovely work of art behind :drool:

I must have missed something. Why is this your last time seeing it?

I must have missed something. Why is this your last time seeing it?

They felt they could keep this up on their own. So they fired me.. :rolleyes: Funny since they have a hard enough time keeping the humidifiers filled.

I was about to ask if you sabotaged it before leaving out of spite... but I guess you didn't need to. :lol:

nah.. not my style. It wasn't the plant's fault the shop owners were dinks.

Wow, Mass! You did that? It looks amazing right now, I can just imagine what it'll look like when it grows out!

What kind of table is that?

That's lame. Sorry to hear it dude. Still, if I were you I'd go back to visit soon with your good camera. Take lots of pics so you have a portfolio, and find somebody else that wants you to build a display. With any luck they'll have a better budget and you can just one-up these clowns.
~Joe

It is a shame to see all that hard work go to people who don't deserve to see the fruit of your labor. I was digging that set up.
Makes me want to head over there and start jumping on the middle of that ebb and flow table.

May the curse of a trillion thrips be bestowed upon them.

Eh, in all likelihood it won't last long. I think Trav probably knew this could be a transitive thing - it certainly seemed that way to me. Besides, the pay could've been a lot better; doing displays like that professionally can pull down tens of thousands of dollars at the right venue. I think the best thing to do is make it into a stepping stone and move forward.
~Joe

Wow, Mass! You did that? It looks amazing right now, I can just imagine what it'll look like when it grows out!

What kind of table is that?

haha.. yeah buddy, I did that. Built it from the ground up in just a few months. It's some sort of grow tray on top of a folding table.

I think the best thing to do is make it into a stepping stone and move forward.
~Joe

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Back