What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New outdoor growing area

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
As some of you know I got married a year ago and moved over into South Carolina. With that I left my old greenhouse behind. I do miss it, but it was impractical to teat it down and bring it. I have a new smaller greenhouse, but it is mearly a frame with plastic and because of the lack of air circulation I lost about 25 plants over the winter. My fault I know, but will get batter and back to my old growing self soon.

Here are a few pictures of my new outside growing area. That is a great thing about living in the south. Anything lowland and most orchids can be grown outside during spring summer and begining of fall. Now keep in mind my grow areas constantly evovle and this is the second evolution of this growing area.

004.jpg

005.jpg

And this is the main nepenthes area. The number of nepenthes has declined and I am ashamed to say that because they are one of my most favorite plant types.

006.jpg

This is my prized N. Marbeled Dragon. It doesn't have any pitchers right now, but that is quickly changing and they are now outside. As I said my quick throw together greenhouse wreaked havock on my plants and most did NOT like being inside it over the winter.

Notice all the growth points!!! I am SO STOKED!!!!! I wonder if it is male or female!?!?
007.jpg

and the long vine of the orriginal plant.
008.jpg

i see way too much "land" to fill up with more plants!

is that a psychopsis on that table there?

That is a psycopsis. 3rd year flowering on the same spikes too. Needs to move up a pot size too. Still in 3 inch. Got pots inside pots for stability.

Back