What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shelving

I don't know where to really look for this info. I am in the process of trying to figure out the shelving/grow rack situation for my dream indoor grow room. I'm not sure if building shelves would be a better option or looking for some pre-made shelves at a local home improvement store. If any of you happen to have a photo or two of your grow shelf and could post them, that would be great. Just to help me make up my mind. Thanks in advance.

I have these, from target, but not the same brand nor as expensive, think I payed $50 for mine?

Also, is that your A. chlorechis in your avatar?

Thanks for the link.

No the chloroechis is one I photographed a few years ago at the zoo here, unfortunately they were shipped off before I had the chance to work with them.

Thanks for the link.

No the chloroechis is one I photographed a few years ago at the zoo here, unfortunately they were shipped off before I had the chance to work with them.

No prob.

Ah I see.. Nice snake. I miss mine. You dont see as many adult chlors out there as you do squams.

I wish we could have hot stuff here, but with TN's laws regarding reptiles, makes that pretty much impossible. So I got to settle for odd non-venomous stuff.

Most people use shelves similar to those the Brie has. They are readily available, easy to assemble without tools, easy to adjust, and have plenty of places to hang lights, plants and fans from. The best bargain I've found on these are at Costco which sells a six tiered version with wheels included from $89-120 depending if they have a coupon sales for them.

But if you are good with your hands and have the power tools and space available to DIY, why not?

My first thought was to just build a long table or two out of 2x4s and some sort of wire for the pots to sit on, since the only light I'll be using is a metal halide. I just didn't know if someone sold something similar to what my mind is set on if I build them myself.

Back