What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheap but Effective Mini Greenhouse

Here are some pictures i took from my mini greenhouse, all my neps are growing separately inside those plastic containers, never had any problem whatsoever, they all grow on the windows sill. With humidity range from 80-95% all year long, and temps around 24-34C. Its a cheap way to jump start your nep!

Looks nice! thanks for sharing:)!

okay.. but what happens when they outgrow it? Your stuck with some nice neps that are acclimated to those conditions, but you are unable to accommodate their size. Wouldn't it be easier to acclimate your plants now, to your current window conditions?
A year from now your gonna be on the hunt. We may need a bigger cup! Don't mean to be a Debby Downer, just trying to get ya to think outside the cup. ;)

Looks nice! thanks for sharing:)!

okay.. but what happens when they outgrow it? Your stuck with some nice neps that are acclimated to those conditions, but you are unable to accommodate their size. Wouldn't it be easier to acclimate your plants now, to your current window conditions?
A year from now your gonna be on the hunt. We may need a bigger cup! Don't mean to be a Debby Downer, just trying to get ya to think outside the cup. ;)

I am aware of this, the goal here was to give my neps the best rooting/growing condition so they get strong enough to resist windows sill conditions. I am already piercing one extra hole per week into the plastic, which result in (approx) -1% humidity inside. Eventualy it will be at the same humidity as near the window.

Roger that.. good thinking. Another easier method, would be to use a large ziplock bag. Unzipping it a little at a time over the duration of however long.

It IS however a nice method for getting cuttings started. High humidty, bright light. :)

I got something similar for small cuttings and nepenthes seedlings. They definately come in handy!

Thanks for sharing.

glad you guys like it! as long as it can help some beginners

:-(

Back