What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seed specs?

I am proud to say that I just sowed 4 kinds of drosera today and cant wait for them to grow so I can be "officially" apart of this site :-D

How ever I was wondering if I have the right temperature and humidity
My grow area (a fish tank on its side to save room) stays about 75 degrees and has a 52% humidity. Since I just put in the seeds with the tray method the humidity should go up but i was wondering if that would be enough?

If it helps the D. I got are...
D. capensis
D. indica
D. capillaris
D. nidiformus

your conditions are good enough for 3 species. the fourth D. indica, will need slightly higher temperatures and is an obligate carnivore...if it is not consistently fed while a seedling, it will die.

Thanks for the help :)
And I knew that I had to feed it and will be feeding them all as soon as they start to form dew :)

OMG I can put tanks on their SIDE! :ohno: THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE! Thanks! :hail:

:lol:

...Yeah, that'll work. Those tend to germinate easily.

Happy growing!

Well my initial plan for the tank was to use it for tissue cultures but figured that until i get the materials for it i'll just use it to raise humidity :)
the black around the top of the tank makes it look like a photo frame too lol XD

Back