What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mato's Pic Thread.

• Thread starter mato
  • Start date
Whoah, love the spathulata!

Whoah, love the spathulata!

Thank you! It's been producing some of the most unique colors of all my neps. I'm really happy that it's (she's) finally caught someone's attention.

did you get the n gracillima from ebay?
one of my favorite neps i possess.

Yep, got a great deal on it, too.

So, one of my scorpiodes flowered yesterday, and I thought it was worthy of taking a pic. Nothing special, really.

IMG_3787.jpg

My scorps keep doing bad on me lol they seem to always come to me in rough shape. Thats definitely worth taking a pic of nice looking plant there Mat.

Kind of special. I've never seen one in flower..

Neither had I... I guess an angel got its wings today.

As beautiful plants move in, beautiful plants move out. Such is the way of life.

veitchii 'k'

IMG_3788.jpg

IMG_3789.jpg

And the back of the most flared pitcher, ripped on the side. The front is very red, but I'll leave that to your imagination..

IMG_3790.jpg

ephippiatas

IMG_3791.jpg

IMG_3793.jpg

IMG_3794.jpg

My lone unidentified nepenthes... beginning to see signs of sibuyanensis x talangensis, but we'll never truly know. Perhaps it's better that way?

IMG_3795.jpg

A new singalana 'Tujuh' pitcher.

IMG_3796.jpg

IMG_3797.jpg

Small and graceful gracillima.

IMG_3798.jpg

My pot full of highland truncatas, retired to a life outside the grow rack, without the warmth of artificial light. Oh well, a new beginning for a plant I should showcase more often.

IMG_3799.jpg

IMG_3800.jpg

IMG_3801.jpg

Finally, two bright-eyed young scamps of the splendiana x dubia variety. I plan on splitting them later in the year, with hopes of adopting them off to new homes.

IMG_3802.jpg

Last edited:
DAAAANG big pimpin'!!
Can't wait to see a fresh pitcher from that veitchii K. Everything looks great..

Nice nephs you got there!

WOW!! really nice plants i love the veitchii!!

I really, really like your sibuyensis. I'm a sucker for squat pitchers.

I had a setup almost identical to yours. Only difference was I had the front lined with clear cellophane to help keep the humidity in and still let me view the plants. Do you find with blinds that your humidity is still ok?

I really, really like your sibuyensis. I'm a sucker for squat pitchers.

I had a setup almost identical to yours. Only difference was I had the front lined with clear cellophane to help keep the humidity in and still let me view the plants. Do you find with blinds that your humidity is still ok?

The humidity in the rack is consistently above 60%, and when I mist, which I do several times a day, it becomes much higher. I've got a little pond fogging disc in there that keeps it at a nice level, however, I would still like to cut a hole near the fans and pump moisture in via a duct and a humidifier. This will become particularly useful in the summer when the temperatures in my apartment spike above 90, which is bound to happen in late July and August. I've got a portable A/C, but it isn't really enough. They need the evaporative cooling. Anyway, I'm sure the whole thing would be brighter and more humid if I just built a mylar front for it, connected with magnets or velcro, but I have to consider the aesthetics of it, which is one of the reasons I was able to compromise with my girlfriend regarding its spot in the living room. Something may change in the future, though..

nothing

Last edited:
Filthy livingroom.. you should be ashamed of yourself.

That lowii x truncata looks aweful. You should totally trade it back to me. :awesome: You know you'd rather have a nice platychila instead.

What do you think about the 'Triffid?' Thought you might like those stripes.

to many neps

What a completely devastated looking living room. . .

Your N. singalana x hamata has a pitcher on it! :cuss: I just got mine today, no pitchers, very small, and it had pretty much been shaken from the soil...

Still though, nice plants!

to many neps night time temperature drops are essential

Yes, I couldn't agree more!

Back