What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mato's Pic Thread.

• Thread starter mato
  • Start date
Really like that lowii x trun! I'm guessing your avatar is Jacobs albo? Or do you grow this too?

Really like that lowii x trun! I'm guessing your avatar is Jacobs albo? Or do you grow this too?

Yes, the albo black in my avatar is the one from the S NW nursery. Still wish I could get a cutting from it, but doesn't seem like that'll be happening any time soon.

Yes that is a very hard plant to get a hold of! You got a good start to your collection.

So, I decided to make a video in order to show everyone the humidifier in action. Sorry about flipping the camera at the beginning.. don't know what I was thinking. Just tilt your heads for a few seconds and everything should be fine.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1137.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fn518%2Fmato77429%2FMVI_3852.mp4">

ohhh.....I LOVE that setup...and the plants look great. ;)

Looks very nice. Is that the shiny bubble wrap stuff I see? If so, isn't that stuff pretty awesome?

Looking Great!! Good growing man!!

i love it! When the camera panned across as showed us the two fans and the humidity input i really wished I could do something like that! (one day!!) Quick question though: Are you planning on ever having plants on that the top shelf, right side, close to the fans? If so, what kind of plants would be the best there?

i love it! When the camera panned across as showed us the two fans and the humidity input i really wished I could do something like that! (one day!!) Quick question though: Are you planning on ever having plants on that the top shelf, right side, close to the fans? If so, what kind of plants would be the best there?

Well, I'm sorta torn between obstructing the light too much and acquiring more plants. However, I do plan on placing some Heliamphoras there, once I acquire a few more. After that, I'll have to start dreaming big :love:

Looks very nice. Is that the shiny bubble wrap stuff I see? If so, isn't that stuff pretty awesome?

Yep, that's the stuff. I went into Home Depot with the intention of buying the foam panels, but this stuff is way easier to deal with, IMO.

Beautiful plants and setup!

Oh wow.. awesome setup Mat! I will hopefully be able to make something like this in april.

Very nice Mat,

It may take a little tweaking to get it to peak performance. I try not to let the mist constantly land on a plant.

But its more of a trial and error thing with mist outlet location, fan output, humidifier output etc....

It seems counter-intuitive but remember, visible mist is not cooling nor is it raising humidity ;)

Very nice setup mate :)

Very nice Mat,

It may take a little tweaking to get it to peak performance. I try not to let the mist constantly land on a plant.

But its more of a trial and error thing with mist outlet location, fan output, humidifier output etc....

It seems counter-intuitive but remember, visible mist is not cooling nor is it raising humidity ;)

Very nice setup mate :)

Thanks, Butch. The tweaking will definitely occur over the next few months. Still in the process of observing what works and what doesn't. At least the humidity is up around the Neps, though.

I'm seeing happier plants and bigger pitchers with 85% humidity. Don't think it'd hurt to let it go up a bit more.

Gorgeous lowii x truncata dude..

Last edited:
nothing

Last edited:
omg where did you get that trusmadiensis? Its ******* beautiful!

Got it from Mr. T, cause he pitied this fool.

oh wow, I may have to order one now.... damn you Mat! :p

Here you go, Lime. Another sibuyanensis shot for your pleasure.

IMG_3881.jpg

Back