What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mato's Pic Thread.

• Thread starter mato
  • Start date
Kudos on the inermis X bongso! Damn, that is a slow grower isn't it!? The peristome on mine has aged to a deep, glossy black now. It's quite dramatic. :)

Kudos on the inermis X bongso! Damn, that is a slow grower isn't it!? The peristome on mine has aged to a deep, glossy black now. It's quite dramatic. :)

haha yeah, it's proven to be the most frustrating nep in my collection. Can't believe this is the first pitcher it's put out since I've owned it. Can't wait for the color change.. better mark the calendar for 2013.

Good stuff, Mat! You've got me wondering whether I need to make a really big effort and go to the garden show. You've also awakened my guilt at taking so long to repot my regia. See what you've done?

wow your neps definiietly make me envious lol I really like the air plant 4 pictures down

Thanks, guys!

Good stuff, Mat! You've got me wondering whether I need to make a really big effort and go to the garden show. You've also awakened my guilt at taking so long to repot my regia. See what you've done?

It's worth checking out, Mark, but keep in mind that it's surprisingly expensive: $8 for parking and $10 entry fee, not to mention all of the plants you're bound to leave with. I will say that there are some amazing finds, though!

Plants are lookin good mato. You look like you are running out of room though! Was going to stop by the expo to see the home a garden exhibit but was wondering is SNW the only carnivorous dealer there? And did they bring anything here back from there trip?

Plants are lookin good mato. You look like you are running out of room though! Was going to stop by the expo to see the home a garden exhibit but was wondering is SNW the only carnivorous dealer there? And did they bring anything here back from there trip?

Unfortunately, they are the on CP dealer at the show and they don't have anything with them from Sam's nursery. As a matter of fact, Jacob said he didn't even know what they got, because they just point at what they like and Sam adds it to a list. I guess it's the only way to adopt a Poi Dog.

If you're into orchids, tillandsias, or a bunch of somewhat hard to find indoor house plants, than it's worth checking out. Otherwise, a bit pricey with the cost of parking and the entry fee.

Thanks mato!

Nice little orchid.

nothing

Last edited:
wow. That thing is crazy looking. A LOT more inermis in that one than most others I've seen. Most others look like a regular bongso to me.

nothing

Last edited:
It's a great looking plant, I really do appreciate it. But the N. inermis that we all know and love (IMO) doesn't come through 'quite' enough in this cross for my tastes.

I would love to see the upper pitchers of N. inermis x lowii, inermis x eymae, or inermis x jamban.

Really love that Bill Bailey though. It wasn't my favorite when it first got released but now I am loving it. :banana2:

But the N. inermis that we all know and love (IMO) doesn't come through 'quite' enough in this cross for my tastes.

I have to agree 100%.
But this one here is in a class of it's own. Never see them looking so inermis-ish. Very unique..

I have to agree 100%.
But this one here is in a class of it's own. Never see them looking so inermis-ish. Very unique..

I don't know I guess I just don't see it. I'll wait til the upper pitchers happen, that's where the real magic should happen.

I'm sure Mato can manage to produce a few someday. :)

loving the bill bailey,but then i get on well with the parents

Bailey is looking good. Much less dishevelled than it's namesake.

Love the inermis x bongoso, really cool.

Some pics.

Issues:

Thrips: the little parasites that get off on sucking my plants.

IMG_4395.jpg

Poor sibuyanensis.. had to quarantine it. I'll let it return to the herd once some new growth comes out. Until then, the growth point looks like one big thrips egg sack.

IMG_4393.jpg

IMG_4391.jpg

Another issue.. broken growth point on my new rajah.

IMG_4386.jpg

Non-issue pics.

IMG_4397.jpg

IMG_4385.jpg

flava

IMG_4396.jpg

villosa

IMG_4388.jpg

singalana x hamata

IMG_4387.jpg

Sarrs on the railing

IMG_4384.jpg

laueana flower in full force.

IMG_4383.jpg

Waiting for a passing motorist?

IMG_4379.jpg

IMG_4375.jpg

Gaahhh that laueana! so jealous!

woah the beginning of those pictures were semi depressing.. atleast they get better. Did you tag anyone good with a snowball?

Back