What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mato's Pic Thread.

• Thread starter mato
  • Start date
Broken N. rajah growth tip! :cuss: That sucks very much.

I really enjoyed the transition into non-issue photos. N. singalana x hamata is looking so great!

Also that Pinguicula... Oo la la

That P. laueana flower is spectacular. What is the orange pitcher in the second of the 'non issue' pics, Mato? The color is great.

oh yeah, that rajah looks big and strong. It'll be fine.. :bigthumpup:

sarrs on the railing..... kewl :)

Broken N. rajah growth tip! :cuss: That sucks very much.

I really enjoyed the transition into non-issue photos. N. singalana x hamata is looking so great!

Also that Pinguicula... Oo la la

Thanks, Dex. The "cuss" emoticon sums up quite accurately the way I felt upon discovering it was broken. However, in a way, it's a good thing; it's my first broken grow point and a lesson I needed to learn.

That P. laueana flower is spectacular. What is the orange pitcher in the second of the 'non issue' pics, Mato? The color is great.

Gracias, Mark. It's always nice to get some color from something other than a pitcher.
The plant in the second pitcher (the one in the foreground) is actually N. sanguinea Pink. As it ages at bit more, it'll gain more of a pinkish hue.

oh yeah, that rajah looks big and strong. It'll be fine.. :bigthumpup:

I hope so.. there appears to be a little bit of bright green within the break, which I assume is the tenacity of nature pushing on, aka the growth point.

sarrs on the railing..... kewl :)

Only way to go in an apartment with no true balcony ;)

I just did the same thing with my spectabilis x aristolochioides. . . so I know the feeling!

The snowball pic still makes me chuckle. My buddy and I got the cops called on us when we were kids for hitting traffic with snowballs. Hooligans.

nothing

Last edited:
the triffid and singlana Belirang are awesome

Very nice. That inermis x bongso looks exactly like Paul's now.

Nice stuff! Your N. robcantleyi looks funky, different than the others I've seen. I like it.

the triffid and singlana Belirang are awesome

Thanks, Cody. Just to be sure, you know the singalana Belirang is the pitcher in the background of that pic, right? I just realized that I wrote them in reverse order.

Very nice. That inermis x bongso looks exactly like Paul's now.

Gracias, seta. Yeah, the mouth widened out and the overall shape changed a little bit. Nonetheless, I can dig it.

Nice stuff! Your N. robcantleyi looks funky, different than the others I've seen. I like it.

Thanks, Dex. I was really surprised by it, too. The last pitcher it produced was a lot darker with a bit more green, and had a more flared peristome, instead of tall, like this newest one. I guess time will tell if it colors up the same way.

lol, i didn't, but i like that one two...kinda like a sunset

Wow! your rob pticher is super tall!

This is great. I like tentaculatas. And I like the lowii x truncata.

nothing

Last edited:
Gosh... gotta love 'dat singalana!

Incredible plants. I like that singalana too. Hope mine puts out pitchers like that one day.

Wwow! That N. singalana is a beauty!

Back