What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mato's Pic Thread.

• Thread starter mato
  • Start date
open for business.. *grumble grumble* All perdy looking and green. *grumble grumble* canine beard made me giggle. *grumble grumble*

Wow! Everything looks amazing! The sib looks great, my favorite species! :D

Just wondering, do you water everything with tap water? I really want that look of sphagnum everywhere, but not if I need to alter my water. ???

Wowww nice everything!

open for business.. *grumble grumble* All perdy looking and green. *grumble grumble* canine beard made me giggle. *grumble grumble*

*grumble grumble* I really shouldn't have gone for that extra cup of coffee this morning.

Wow! Everything looks amazing! The sib looks great, my favorite species! :D

Just wondering, do you water everything with tap water? I really want that look of sphagnum everywhere, but not if I need to alter my water. ???

Dueoka, sometimes I stop by the store and buy distilled water, but only once or twice a month. Other than that, I just use tapwater.

Gracias, senor.

Wowww nice everything!

merci

oohh, those colours are quite something! Love the vogellii and carunculata. And that singalana is erally just stunning. Love the peristome.

I love how the green sphagnum gives a really nice contrast with the dark red pitchers.

oohh, those colours are quite something! Love the vogellii and carunculata. And that singalana is erally just stunning. Love the peristome.

I love how the green sphagnum gives a really nice contrast with the dark red pitchers.

Thanks, Devon, I feel the same way about the contrast between the sphagnum and the pitchers. Which plant did you think is a carunculata? The only one I ever owned died like a week after I received it. Did you mean the inermis x bongso?

Thanks, Devon, I feel the same way about the contrast between the sphagnum and the pitchers. Which plant did you think is a carunculata? The only one I ever owned died like a week after I received it. Did you mean the inermis x bongso?

Haha, oops. Sorry, my Nep identification skillz needs improving.

top right-ish:
IMG_4469.jpg

Is that the inermis x bongso?

*edit*

Now that I look more closely, I can see the inermis leaf and vine shape. But the pitcher looks so much like bongso/carunculata!

haha, thought you may have been talking about that one. Yep, inermis x bongso. If you look at the left-hand corner, you can see a new pitcher from the same plant. It's interesting how the pitchers start off looking so much like inermis and gradually become more bongsoish.

dayum mato! :0o: Awesome plants!

Man! Give that poor rajah some sunblock! LOL! Everything looks amazing as usual

Man! Give that poor rajah some sunblock! LOL! Everything looks amazing as usual

haha no kidding. Luckily those red leaves are deceiving, since the growth point is growing steadily again, and the plant seems to be acclimating to the high light.

nothing

Last edited:

Hey, not sure if you watched the video or not, but your truncata Pasian is going through a bit of a dry spell ???

I'm sure it's just adjusting to the higher light and a day where I allowed the humidity to fall for too long. Not to worry, though (I know this was your baby), since I'll have it healthy and pitchering in no time.

Very very nice Mat. I like that clean square pot with a layer of sphag look,

Gonna start calling you PygoJr.

Woow all your Neps are amazing, I've never seen a Bongso x Inermis that big.

Back