What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new heli chamber

Update:

After a little over two weeks, reservoir TDS had reached 52ppm

First resevoir water change yesterday.
After change out and first complete watering cycle, TDS now @ 11ppm

A lot of the 52ppm was probably a result of the big freakin spiders and beetles that were fermenting in the reservoir LOL

Unpotted a couple small helis to check substrate condition, no hydrogen sulfide odor.
Just a nice, fresh smell.

Av

A lot of the 52ppm was probably a result of the big freakin spiders and beetles that were fermenting in the reservoir LOL

Natural fertillizer! :grin:

THIS IS SO FREAKIN' COOL! PHYSICS!!!

Dunno about you folks... I get a whole lot of enjoyment out of growing plants for sure, but a huge part of the fun of the hobby for me at least is the satisfaction you get after DIY-ing a big overhaul to your setup. This really takes the cake, though. Nice job, and thanks for sharing the details! If I ever find myself in a situation where I can control my summer temps (read: live in an apartment that doesn't limit me to one AC unit only in the lease), I'm definitely going to go full-on with one of these these automatic-watering, self-regulating, antineutrino-discombobulating setups.

Very cool Carl, I like the way it only needs a small aquarium air pump to function. You get gas exchange both when the air begins to bubble and when the water drains out.

Reminds me of a aquarium pump powered water piipe I had back in the day LOL

Sweet....

I love simple!

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

2 weeks, before and after:

2 weeks ago:
topshelf.jpg

Now:
update.jpg

(sorry for point and click image, but meh LOL)

Images speak for themselves IMHO

:boogie:

Wow! All your plants grew quick! Very nice Butch.

hehehe, it is obvious isnt it

(beams with pride :) )

I dont think you need lights, your beams of pride should suffice. ;) I would be very proud if I were you.

that's some beautiful growth Butch. flower stalks and new pitcher popping out! thanks so much for sharing with us!

wow B!! Spectacular! Looks like they don't seem to mind the 4 tube fixture at all..eh? :) Very very nice. Most if not all of the colour is preserved...and they are looking like they are back on their stride.

woohoo, thanks V, amp

Varun, omg Im loving it... the helis are growing like crazy and the color is still decent enough.

But the big thing, Im not manually watering them anymore unless I just want too :)

happy happy joy joy

I am envious of the simplicity of your new set-up, Butch. My system still requires watering by this slack-jawed punk . . .

Looks like you've got everyone pretty well self-sustained. Must be nice being a mad scientist.

Wow!! That must be the closest those helis have been to the wild! Looks like they are growing spectacular for u butch!

Looks like you've got everyone pretty well self-sustained. Must be nice being a mad scientist.

old pic of mine LOL
itsalive.jpg

Wow!! That must be the closest those helis have been to the wild! Looks like they are growing spectacular for u butch!

Rob, I dunno.... but I've tried and they do seem very happy :boogie:

:hail:In two weeks, a pitchers had developed.

Dang, Butch... they look amazing. I'm hoping to be able to put together a set up like this soon.

Back