What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new heli chamber

That looks incredible!

very nice Butch! I really love your setup!

Everything looks amazing!

What plant is that on the far right?

Yann,

hehehe Yannbo is classic and thanks old friend.

Yann, the sks with a grenade launcher would be the Yugoslavian M59/66 or M59/66A1, good price would be 200-300 depending on condition.
Inspect bore carefully... they digested corrosive ammo their whole lives.

Butch

You sure know your stuff! Was tagged $275 but I was reluctant just do to the salesman trying so hard to get it out the door... So I had to pass. I did remember you mentioning corrosive ammo that day but would know what to look if the gun was disassembled for me!

I saw some truncata leaves on that lower shelf in you earlier pictures ;) How are those doing for ya? And the Sarras!?

That is a couple royal truncatas and they are doing great.... not getting the best of lighting to see the dark coloration but they are growing like weeds. Seem to prefer intermediate conditions and dryer watering schedules.

The sarrs are doing great, most are growing like weeds.... Ive lost a few over the last couple years but overall just a few.

The S. Leah Wilkerson is a beast, that thing is tall and what i really like is it is very wind resistant, thank you my friend :)

My S. Adrian Slack is also going to have a great year it seems.

I think I will have some of the prettiest sarrs Ive ever had this year.

The bore of a rifle should be bright and shiney, with good strong rifling (nice, defined shape)
Dark, pitted, corrosion, rifling wore away etc indicates who every carried and maintained the rifle during the war performed poor maintenance...

One year update:

Ive changed out the reservoir water about 4 times.... water usage had dropped off to practically zero. The only other maintenance required has been the occasional changing out of the airline tubing. Over time it becomes restricted with algae build up and watering cycle times become excessive.

The system has exceeded all expectations....

:)

glad to hear it! I can't wait until my helis start to preform as yours have. Not losing a single plant in my last two AW orders has boosted my confidence alot and I am certain your trichoderma plug is a big contributing factor. you da man!

Impressive Butch. My helis and cephs are much stronger looking than before I used trich too, again thanks to your advice on the forums.

Thanks for the kind comments, and congrats to both of ya on your success.
Trichoderma is not a magic bullet, but when used correctly.... it is a valuable tool that can make heli and ceph cultivation much, much easier IMHO

While at ICPS 2012, Jeremiah told me he has gone to my watering system for his helis and loving it.... Talk about your confirmation, I was deeply honored by his comments.

when can we expect a photo update? :pics:

LOL, ill get one tomorrow....
:p

Here ya go Jon, cheesey quickie flash image.... but omg I love that lens
oct2012helirack.jpg

Image taken moments ago...

thanks for looking,
Av

Cool looking tank :) really like it.

thanks for the kind words you two....

:)

wow. that is so beastly. how are you able to inspect your plants without damaging them?

actually, you can take them out.... but you got to start at the front corner and work your way around....

there is no pulling one out of the middle, sorta jenga for helis LOL

aww weedhopper Smitty,

That is to prevent the airflow from the fans and humidifier from becoming blocked/turbulent before reaching the end of the chamber..

What are your plans now for this Butch, as it looks like your plants infront of the fans have grown some? ;)

yeah, come Christmas break I will do some rearranging... LOL

quite a few have already been thinned out, but helis grow rather fast to be honest...

there is a bottom rack, but its full too...

Back