What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new greenhouses! :)

So I have a new greenhouse, or i should say two! ;)

I have one greenhouse already filled, and I will start to fill the other one pretty soon!

Empty greenhouse:

And the two greenhouses:

They get plenty of natural and plenty of sunlight too, even during winter, so spring and summer even more! :)

Enjoy!

Build me one! :hail: Very nice. It looks like a drafty floor, how cold does it get inside in winter?

Very nice! How much did it cost? Looks like a pretty inexpensive greenhouse.

:drool: Oh.. mah.. gawd.. How much did it run you for each? Self built? What are the dimensions? Also, what material did you use for the walls and ceiling?

Ahhh Jht-

I am soo jelly right now! :drool:

Awesome!

Wow, those are awesome!

Build me one! :hail: Very nice. It looks like a drafty floor, how cold does it get inside in winter?

just cover the floor with some cheap indoor/outdoor carpet, 'twill cut the draft. Turn a corner of the carpet up when you want some updraft of fresh air in the summer months.
Looks great! I like the tall height you have there for the viney ones.:-O

Looks like a nice place to keep temperate species that need some protection from freezing

Looks great! As several others have mentioned, I want all the detail.....

Thanks for sharing!

Any heating or cooling?

just cover the floor with some cheap indoor/outdoor carpet, 'twill cut the draft. Turn a corner of the carpet up when you want some updraft of fresh air in the summer months.
Looks great! I like the tall height you have there for the viney ones.:-O

Aw, the old carpet trick! Genius! :blush:

ooooohhhh! So jealous! I too want all the juicy details!

i really like what i see, and i too would like to hear all the details

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the delay, I have been extremely busy, with a lot of things going on. And the greenhouses are not finished yet.
I want both greenhouse to be conected, so there will be a "bridge" conecting both greenhouses.

Just to let everyone know, all the materials for the building of the greenhouses were all found in Home Depot and Lowes, nothing was ordered online except the connection of the roof with the PVC.

The price for both greenhouses were a total of $3000 dollars, with all materials included. This is mainly because of the walls and the roof, the material used was polycarbonate($1000). The floor made out of wood is water resistant, and just that total about $800 for the wood.

a lot of you are asking about the material i used for the walls and the roof, is polycarbonate and was bought at Home depot, on the Home depot website is called Palruf. ( http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&Ntpc=1&Ntpr=1 )

Just in the polycarbonate roofing a total of $1000 dollars. (i mentioned above already)

I believe i used the 3/4 PVC, which is thick, you want to use PVC that is strong and that it doesn't move at all.

In nails about $160 dollars was spent.

Another material used was foam, used for in between the PVC and the polycarbonate where the PVC and the polycarbonate roof attaches to.

It was build in 3 consecutive weekends, so it didn't took very long if we had build both in one week. Also 3 men participated in the building.

Other materials used were hand saw, drill, circular saw, skill saw, miter saw, and what not.

The dimensions are: Length: 10 FT. Width: 8 FT. Height: 8 FT. Not 12 by 12.

There's no heater or cooler inside, the temps climb enough during the day to keep the temperature stable but not over heating, and in the night is 10F hotter than outside. meaning if it's 40F outside, is about 50F inside.

That should be all, it is relatively easy to build if you have everything at hand and at least 2 more people to build it. Try not to go to lowes and home depot in between the building to get something that was missing or it will take you forever, is better to have a little extra than less ;)

It was pretty windy recently winds of 30mph, is not at all, but the greenhouse didn't moved by a bit. There's about an inch in between the wood to allow air to come in from below, that also helps to bring mosquitoes and insects inside the greenhouse for my babies to eat a lot! :)

If you have more questions let me know, and i will take some pics of the inside real soon.

:drool: WOW i want something like that! I:censor:ing hate being 13 because i dont have that kind of money!

:drool: WOW i want something like that! I:censor:ing hate being 13 because i dont have that kind of money!

Then i believe you should start saving and you will get even a bigger greenhouse. At your age you can save a lot of money. Thrust me. :)

Gorgeous! :)

Very nice setting too. :)

Back