What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

no one should have that many cephs lol

Dude, that's a lot of cephs. Did you get most of them recently?

The larger ones came in a month or so ago.
And the other tub full were in that package that went missing for a week. So I've had them for 2 whole days now.

Man I am envious of all your cephs.. They all look great!

Not much to look at yet. Maybe by this time next year..

no one should have that many cephs lol

That actually made me laugh out loud. You're funny..

In all the wonders shown that N. 'Song of Melancholy' stands out for such brilliant colors. You got good plants, Dude.

All good plants gravitate to mass based on Newton's law of universal gravitation.

Just a couple things..

N. 'Viscarla' popped

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

N. truncata HL is doing, something..

IMG_1328.jpg

N. sumatrana seedlings

IMG_1335.jpg

stuff is happening in the BobZ mini-bog. That's U. nelumbifolia, U. reniformis 'Big Sister', and D. 'Ivan's Paddle' visible in the pic.

IMG_1330.jpg

And an update on the D. indica project.
The plant I allowed to flower has done so, and is dead and gone.
The plant I did NOT allow to flower,.. looks like this today.

IMG_1333.jpg

Truncata is growing like a champ. Can't wait to see it fully formed.

Oh you have sumatrana seedlings. That's a plant I'd love to have. The pitchers are so big and fat. Very cool you sprouted some.

Interesting... I've never seen U. nelumbifolia or reniformis grown in such a peaty, dense mix.

That viscarla is looking great though.

Truncata is growing like a champ. Can't wait to see it fully formed.

x2 buddy.. ;)

Oh you have sumatrana seedlings. That's a plant I'd love to have. The pitchers are so big and fat. Very cool you sprouted some.

I didn't sprout them, that was Johnny's handy work.
I'd totally give you one, but my spare is already someone's Christmas present. Or was it birthday..? :scratch:

Interesting... I've never seen U. nelumbifolia or reniformis grown in such a peaty, dense mix.

That viscarla is looking great though.

It's actually really chunky under the surface. A lot of orchid bark, charcoal, and what have you..
And yeah, I love the Viscarla so much it finally made it's way to eBay today. :0o:

It's actually really chunky under the surface. A lot of orchid bark, charcoal, and what have you..

We'll see how they do. I believe both those species live in bromeliads in situ- quite a different substrate.

I believe Bob recommended, but we all know how my memory is:
U. nelumbifolia ~ boggy sand & peat, just like I have it.
U. reniformis ~ fluffy live LFS type dilly.

I didn't know their preferred media at first when I stuck them into this mini bog. But by the time I had a direction on their growing conditions, they had already broken the surface with new growth. So I said screw it and left em'. They seem happy enough.. ???

I believe Bob recommended, but we all know how my memory is:
U. nelumbifolia ~ boggy sand & peat, just like I have it.
U. reniformis ~ fluffy live LFS type dilly.

I didn't know their preferred media at first when I stuck them into this mini bog. But by the time I had a direction on their growing conditions, they had already broken the surface with new growth. So I said screw it and left em'. They seem happy enough.. ???

Hey, whatever works! I might try and mix it up if mine don't take off soon.

I believe both those species live in bromeliads in situ- quite a different substrate.
U. nelumbifolia dwells in bromeliads as does U. humboldtii (but not exclusively). U. reniformis supposedly rarely lives there but somehow that 'rumor' has spread & won't die. I tried to find the Fernando semi-rant about this on CPUK but gave up when I located this thread, which has both fantastic pics & a statement about where U. reniformis is usually found (2nd post).

U. nelumbifolia dwells in bromeliads as does U. humboldtii (but not exclusively). U. reniformis supposedly rarely lives there but somehow that 'rumor' has spread & won't die. I tried to find the Fernando semi-rant about this on CPUK but gave up when I located this thread, which has both fantastic pics & a statement about where U. reniformis is usually found (2nd post).

Thanks Ron, I'm still getting my Utricularia knowledge figured out. :p

I'll send you the Charles Ceph today Mass.

A few exciting developments I noticed today.

First up, a big HOORAY for the once near dead N. truncata x ovata :clap:

IMG_1354.jpg

seeing a lot of color variation in these two uber rare N. diatas x mira seedlings.

IMG_1351.jpg

Speaking of seedlings, haven't shown this one in awhile. N. veitchii HL (CandyStripe) from wild seed collected in the Heath Forest of Pa'Umor.

IMG_1348.jpg

A smidge of success with my root cuttings of D. binata (Coromandel, New Zealand)

IMG_1350.jpg

Speaking of root cuttings.. My D. slackii died.. so I chopped up it's roots in vain. This is what happened.

IMG_1352.jpg

And last but not least.. NUMBER 5 IS ALIVE!! wonder how many growth points a single tuber can sprout????

IMG_1344.jpg

Sounds like you have a house of the living dead going on there with all the resurrections. Congrats.

I just realized I forgot a pic.. HOW CAN I FORGET ABOUT HAMATA!?!?!

IMG_1345.jpg

Is that the hamata that has been around the block? hahah oh my has it grown :D

Back