What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

+1 to that

Nice plants as always, mass.

Here's one I feel deserves a quick spotlight..
Young seed grown N. (x Tiveyi x veitchii HL) x (northiana x veitchii HL)

week 1

IMG_4174_zps6175947a.jpg

week 2

IMG_4184_zps9e8f3f5a.jpg

week 3

IMG_4193_zpse503e8ae.jpg

IMG_4192_zpsfb36c4a2.jpg

IMG_4191_zpsca2f7ee7.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. How big is the rosette?

I'm really liking that one, has a very northiana shape going for it.

I'm really liking that one, has a very northiana shape going for it.

Hey thanks Mark!
Seems to favor the same conditions as northiana. And judging from it's ups and downs the past 2 years.. it's just as sensitive too.
Ironically enough, it didn't take off for me until I placed it along side my northiana in natural sunlight, high humidity, with no change in day and night temps.

no, i googled it just to make sure what the meaning was haha

That's a great looking plant and love the pitchers!

That's a great looking plant and love the pitchers!

Thanks Don.
I'm not a big fan of complex hybrids. But this kid didn't have a single boring parent in the mix. So thought it was worth growing..
That.. and as far as I know, only 5 of these seedlings exist.

Beautiful nepenthes Mass.

Now, thats an amazing looking pitcher...wow!

inflated, formed, and popped in 20% humidity

IMG_4281_zps53e2b3ad.jpg

I gotta get one of those! So much color...

very interesting Mass ,20% humidity is low,i have been as low as high 30's and most of my plants still pitcher but i tend to water a bit more or they seem to suffer from the dreaded shrunken lids

This is all part of my pre-acclimation process for their big move outdoors. I really want to toughen these plants up to the point that they explode with happy new growth once moved outside into the Michigan humidity. Just gotta wait for the temps to coincide with what they're currently getting, as to make the transition as smooth as possible. For the most part..
Even blasting them with hot, direct, bright light to prepare them for the natural sunlight.

Back