What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

• #1,021
Thanks guys!

Last edited:
  • #1,022
Awesome little bog set-up! I missed the Utric post and it was definitely a slice of heaven!:) How long has the bog been up and running and are there any hardy Utrics?

Last edited:
  • #1,023
Looks great! Love those D. rotundifolia. You will be surprised how fast the bog will fill in, next year you will be out of room in there I bet, haha.

• #1,024
Looks great! Love those D. rotundifolia. You will be surprised how fast the bog will fill in, next year you will be out of room in there I bet, haha.

As long as it looks an 8th as nice as yours, I'll be happy.

How long has the bog been up and running and are there any hardy Utrics?

This is the bog's first spring.. we finished it pretty late in the year last year. I think it was done in October or November.
There may be some rogue U. bisquamata in there. But not sure it'll survive the winter. It went in with a couple sarrs this April.. so we'll see.

• #1,025
i envy your collection. wonderful selection with truly stunning plants.

• #1,027
Time for a little pic dump..

N. veitchii x platychila

BE hamata

N. lowii x truncata

female N. maxima x veitchii HL 'Sarawak Red'

SG N. "Song of Melancholy"

SG N. edwardsiana

SG N. (x Tiveyi x veitchii HL) x (northiana x veitchii HL)

some D. graomogolensis plantlets

some ceph propagations: Big Boy, Phil Mann, German Giant

droso

D. affinis (Namibia, Africa) starting to flower

freshly repotted D. villosa (Serra de Ibitipoca, Brazil) and D. spiralis

D. hilaris

H. heterdoxa (Gran Sabana)

Ceph "German Giant"

freshly repotted C. "Phil Mann" clone

Last edited:
  • #1,028
Sweet pics! Gotta love your cephs. Does the Phil Mann stay all green?

• #1,029
Wow! I really like that Drosera spiralis and the SG N. edwardsiana. What color!

• #1,030
Thanks KT!

Does the Phil Mann stay all green?

It was at first, but the newer pitchers on top of the clump are starting to turn a reddish color. Guess that's a sign my lights are a bit too high..

• #1,031
nice update mass,pitcher pullings are usually very successful for cephs in my limited experience (i put water in the pitchers and had 100% success from four pullings) ,all looking good

• #1,032
Thanks corky. I always appreciate your comments.

• #1,033
wow was still editing,hiya,nice to see someone else trying hilaris too,my attempts to propagate from leaf and root cuttings failed,see what you can do

• #1,035
You really did get down to business with the ceph pullings! Nice collection! I've never tried pitchers before. Better than leaves?

• #1,036
You really did get down to business with the ceph pullings! Nice collection! I've never tried pitchers before. Better than leaves?

I'm told pitcher pullings are the best way to go. And after seeing JMatt's success, I thought it was worth a shot.
I put their start date into the calender. Want to know exactly how long it takes the pullings to strike, or to die.

• #1,037
Clever. Hopefully you will get similar results. Did you use hormone? I haven't used it before but from his results it could shave a few weeks/months off the rooting process.

• #1,038
I did indeed use a rooting hormone..

• #1,039
i have a redwood burl too!! ha! what do they eventually turn into ? I'm guessing they stay the same.

• #1,040
Very nice stuff, I'm jealous of those D. graomogolensis, and that droso. Good growing, man.

Back