What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

My favourite pics outta this batch were the B52, Ceph, second admirabilis shot, and the Schizzies. your plants are looking marvelous as always.

Man, I'm jealous of your dews. Those D. schizandra shots are pretty awesome.

I didn't know you could tube cuttings... I guess something in me always assumed they needed oxygen... is that not true? Might have to try tubing myself...

I didn't know you could tube cuttings... I guess something in me always assumed they needed oxygen... is that not true? Might have to try tubing myself...

??? Seems to work fine either way. And I'm sure the vial isn't air tight.. prolly a bubble in there somewhere.

cool pics

love the dew shots

******* epic dude.. Love em!

very nice mass...only thing i would say is reduce the yellow in your pictures if you have photoeditting software available. other than that, the shots, the angles, everything else is looking really good.

on another note, D. villosa var ascendens actually was redesignated to D. ascendens. :)

Great shots as always Mass! Lovin the dews too!

very nice mass...only thing i would say is reduce the yellow in your pictures if you have photoeditting software available. other than that, the shots, the angles, everything else is looking really good.

on another note, D. villosa var ascendens actually was redesignated to D. ascendens. :)

huh.. that's the second time I've had a yellow comment. I haven't really monkeyed with it in PS, but I'll take a gander next time I do pics.

Thanks for the heads up on the ascendens. I'll make the appropriate changes to my notes.

A few pics from earlier this morning. I think I gave a quick yellow treatment to all of them. It's RGB, but I think I got it right. Any better? I can take out more yellow easy.

D. regia 'Typical'

IMG_8715.jpg

IMG_8716.jpg

Don't think I corrected the yellow on this one. :scratch:

IMG_8712.jpg

Part of the S. "Brokkenensis" seedlings.

IMG_8709.jpg

One of my typicals. Same plant as what I called the wanna be. The older pitchers there look like a fake Eden Black to me.

IMG_8705.jpg

So beautiful and very nice macro shots, the sundews look so gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

You're killing me!

That ceph picture is.. :drool:

Your macros are outstanding!

today's pics that made the cut..

One of my greatest saves. My favorite purple cloned typical ceph, "Purple Pudding", died. But it's leaf cutting lives on. One leaf cutting, two growth points. Gotta love it..

IMG_8818.jpg

IMG_8813.jpg

Larger purple clone. Typical as well..

IMG_8828.jpg

IMG_8832.jpg

IMG_8834.jpg

Thought this was cute.. would make a good NoFear ad.

IMG_8843.jpg

P. 'Florian' (debbertiana x jaumavensis) makin' babies.

IMG_8847.jpg

A good shot of the N. x leessii upper.

IMG_8860.jpg

Been talking about N. northiana and their shade in the chat lately. Here's mine.. Bit drier since being moved to warmer more intermediate conditions, but growing better.

IMG_8866.jpg

IMG_8864.jpg

My seed grown N. albomarginata ‘Red’ (Gunung Jerai)

IMG_8870.jpg

N. albomarginata 'Kuching Spotted'

IMG_8871.jpg

Some prickly stuff..

IMG_8877.jpg

To give Mark hope, D. peltata 'WFF' flowers.

IMG_8888.jpg

D. macrophylla

IMG_8903.jpg

And last but not least.. Only 2 weeks in it's new home and already outgrown the lid. Undying Redwood burl. ~too cool Larry. too cool~ Loving how fast it's growing. Gave it it's own corner in the GH so it could go nuts.

IMG_8856.jpg

IMG_8858.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, mass. I am indeed inspired!

- Mark

That burl is entirely too awesome. I demand you hand it over to me for... disposal.

That's cool about the Ceph. I tried to save (read: preserve) my P. moranensis "Tehuacan" like that a few months ago, but nothing struck. ;c

Im lovin the leessi.

Beautiful plants!

aahhh That redwood burl is sooo awwessommee!

Figure I should post these pics here as well. They're starting to stack up..

2 of my many new additions. SG N. macrophylla (Trusmadi) and SG N. inermis.

IMG_9076.jpg

IMG_9074.jpg

"Czech Giant" and "Purple Nurple" (typical)

IMG_91stack.jpg

N. aristolochoides babies

IMG_9047.jpg

D. regia

IMG_8996.jpg

IMG_8716.jpg

D. schizandra

IMG_8684.jpg

IMG_8686.jpg

Back