What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

All kinds of fun stuff..

Group shot now that I've got the place pretty well whittled down to the keepers.

IMG_0673.jpg

Tuberous dews, seedling row, and propagations. The D. regia seems to be making a nice comeback after "the incident".

IMG_0672.jpg

The peltata that wouldn't sleep. Still putting out flowers and new rosettes after 18 months of constant growth.

IMG_0639.jpg

First colorful pitcher from my sg N. spectabilis x mira

IMG_0634.jpg

Seeing this growth point splitting again made me smile. My female N. x Tiveyi H/L 'Sarawak Red' actually likes me! :awesome:

IMG_0646.jpg

Some of the larger light loving truncata stuff..

IMG_0676.jpg

S. "Big Mama" x S. leucophylla 'White' seedlings starting to show promise.

IMG_0647.jpg

A couple of the smaller sarrs. waking up.

S. psittacina 'golfballensis' (Sumatra, FL.)

IMG_0650.jpg

S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. montana 'Red'

IMG_0651.jpg

This also made me smile. First pitcher from my N. 'Whisper' seedling to show stripes.

IMG_0656.jpg

Last one is for you Guy. Czech Giant put out 4 winter leaves. One of which looks like it didn't know which way it wanted to go.

IMG_0622.jpg

Looks great, dude. I'm especially loving the x Tiveyi. Glad to see things are coming out of dormancy. I watered and fertilized my pings yesterday and will probably stick them under the lights. So glad winter is on the way out..

Your N. truncata is a beast and your D. peltata is crazy! Everything looks very clean.

Do you drill holes in the bottoms of the tuberous dew pots?

Very nice. I need to oragnaize my collection a bit better one of these days too.

Last edited:
Do you drill holes in the bottoms of the tuberous dew pots?

Thanks everyone.
And yes, almost all of the tall clear pots are drilled out on the bottom. Only ones that aren't are the 3 sisters pots. Those are more of a mini terrarium.

that spec mira is gonna be a fantastic nep,already looks good

I have to say I will be having similar reaction when my N. Whisper shows some striping.. your plant makes me excited for mine :D

Wow Mass, your set up looks fantastic, great growing! :)
Are the neps your growing in the mini bog relatively small, what i mean is, do they get any bigger than that or do they stay pretty much compacted like they look?

Thanks.

Mass, everything looks amazing. What a beautiful greenhouse you got there! :)

I can't wait to see that spectabilis x mira get a bit larger!

Boredom pics..

D. macrophylla ssp. monantha

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

D. filiformis ssp. tracyii waking up in a hurry.

IMG_0728.jpg

I love LoVe LOVE how the N. lowii seedling's first pitcher in this world is colorful.

IMG_0733.jpg

N. truncata x x TM still hanging in there.

IMG_0735.jpg

a couple N. eymae x eppiphiata seedlings

IMG_0736.jpg

D. hartmeyerorum starting to look like sundews!

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

Pick one Mat. I recommend the one on the right.. Looks stronger. N. sumatrana seedlings btw.

IMG_0756.jpg

OMG that D. macrophylla is RIDICULOUS... some serious coloring there.. absolutely beautiful Travis.

Right it is. What are the temps like at your end?

I know, right.

These guys are getting some warmer intermediate temps with lots of light. They don't seem to be too picky.

Kudos on the lowii! I wish I had requested some of those seeds :-(

It's great you decided to stay! Never leave Terraforums since other forums aren't as lively...

I'm not much for hybrids but great pitcher on your spectabilis x mira, lovely markings. So is your truncata, looks very grand.

Saw your old thread today, some of the 70+ pages. Curious about your pings since I haven't seen any on your new thread.

Almost forgot to comment at your macrophylla, it's beautiful!

Thank Oen. The pings are just now being awoken from dormancy. Pics will be taken once they are back in full swing. Thanks for the interest though!

I love that little N. lowii. Such a big pitcher for such a small plant.

I thought you didn't like toilets? ???

Back