What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

you are correct DJ.
It put up flowers prior to those 3 carnivorous growths you see. All from one single tuber.. And Osiris is great. Such a cool cat. Very vocal..

Just went through your thread. Lovely. Enjoyed all the pics. Would like to see some pulled out shots, an outside shot of how it's situated in your room. How you've set up your misters, how you protect the floor. Was this a kit or something you built totally yourself. Technical questions mostly.

My own xTiveyi looks to be in about the same state as yours. Let's hope that it puts out pitchers soon. :)

I'm curious to see the uppers on that Viscarla. If they match my suspected unknown, I'll be one step closer to ID'ing the only unknown in my collection. :)

Awesome plants and photography. :)

PS: I got the seedlings. They look great! :) Thank you.

Just went through your thread. Lovely. Enjoyed all the pics. Would like to see some pulled out shots, an outside shot of how it's situated in your room. How you've set up your misters, how you protect the floor. Was this a kit or something you built totally yourself. Technical questions mostly.

It's a 3 season's greenhouse from Lowe's, setup in my den.
I put 2 layers of thick plastic down, topped with a layer of fake putting turf to protect the floors.
I'll try to remember to snap a wide angle shot of the inside for you when I do my next update.

Ok, I was wondering about the floor. That makes sense. I can't wait to see the next update then.

Just for you then..

IMG_1009.jpg

Forgot to add these to the last update..
D. capensis 'Giant' with babies.

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

D. capensis "Bain's Rocket" babies coming up from root cuttings

IMG_1002.jpg

and some D. indica.

IMG_0997.jpg

Oh, how I wish I had the space..

Nice indica!

Very neat. Thanks for showing.

'Very nice setup, Mass.

"Whoa, awesome."

- anonymous

Beautiful, as always! I'm so jealous!!!

Pics from boredom..

The intermediate section is filling in nicely.

IMG_1206.jpg

A couple N. 'Viscarla' just hanging out.

IMG_1178.jpg

semi-carnivorous Stylidium debile coming up in a couple pots.

IMG_1173.jpg

My POTM entry for next month is coming along nicely.

IMG_1167.jpg

N. truncata x x Trusmadiensis chugging along. Almost big enough for pitcher feeding.

IMG_1166.jpg

a few of the veitchii crew.

IMG_1195.jpg

Finally starting to get some feedable traps on the N. x Trusmadiesnsis (clone1)

IMG_1189.jpg

My admirabilis died, so I cut off it's head. Decided to play with it's bloody stump, and as a result..

IMG_1179.jpg

A few of the tuberous dews are already dormant. So getting them ready for summer storage.

IMG_1161.jpg

And might as well ask because I've never seen one.. is this an upcoming ceph flower?

IMG_1196.jpg

Everything looks great. Really like that shot of all the veitchiis and x Trusmadiensis sitting together.

As for that ceph.. no clue.

yeah, me either. I think ceph flowers come from the center though, rather from underneath like this one is. Just gonna have to wait and see I guess.

That pic of the uncurling D. aliciae flower stalk is really striking. The combination of the stalk detail and the multi-hued background is amazing! :hail:

Hey where are the pics of your new cephs?

Back