What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

haha nice pics, dude.. really caught my eye with that tracyii shot. Too bad you didn't enter that one into the calendar contest.

Gotta get my schizandra closer to some lights. No reason it should be as small as it is when I see yours.

I agree the pics of the D. schizandra and the tracyi are nice but it's the little ones that get me going. 'Such potential!

I just love the babies! Awesome Tracyi pic. That last pic is so sweet, shows your sensitive side :D

d'aww shucks. :blush:

can't believe you guys like that tracyii pic so much. I almost didn't even post it.. that pot is such a hair trap.

cool pics mass,i really like the baby aristo,you take nice pics is it a fancy camera

you take nice pics is it a fancy camera

It's fancy for me..
Canon PowerShot G3 with a few different lenses. (macro, wide angle, & telephoto)

I completely redid the entire back wall of my HL chamber today. Was a pain.. but pics may be in order.
Until then,..
snapped a pic of my H. pulchella (Akopan Tepui, Venezuela) that I thought went missing.

IMG_3718.jpg

kept finding these little things all over in the LFS though.

IMG_3721.jpg

thanks mass i think i need to invest,my little lumix is not up to the task me thinks

IMG_3731.jpg

this is the semi-dormant, nonflowering stage for my Stylidium debile. Come spring it will be CrAzY flowers until next full.

IMG_3733.jpg

IMG_3725.jpg

D. capensis 'Bain's Kloof'

IMG_3722.jpg

that pot of waking tracyii that everyone seems to be so fond of.

IMG_3723.jpg

a plant with multiple names.. S. x catesbaei, S. "Brokkenensis", S. flava var. rubricorpora x purpurea ssp. venosa var. Montana
my smallest are tough not to notice in the GH during the dead of winter..

IMG_3724.jpg

Nice pictures mass. Whats in all the clay pots, Cephs?

yup.

Your neps seems to be growing really well in that new enclosure. Can tell by the sphag that it's to the liking of all that reside there.

OXALIS????!!!!! You permit Oxalis in your grow space?! Watch out, that stuff is nasty.....the Kudzu of greenhouse environs. I am envious of your Drosera.....most of this genus hates me. No doubt they can tell how much more I LUV my Nepenthes ;-)

How long do you have to grow the capensis to get them to "tree"? Do only some forms of capensis do that?

My Stylidium debile is confused, flowering like crazy in the garden window now. I am fond of your D. tracyii and that S. catesbaei!

How long do you have to grow the capensis to get them to "tree"? Do only some forms of capensis do that?

Mine seem to do it right away. Just have to trim off the bottom most leaves as it grows to make it look cool.
I don't have any typicals, albas, or reds big enough for a cut yet.. but my Bain's kloof, giants, rocket, and broadleafs are all doing the tree thing.

You permit Oxalis in your grow space?!

I pluck them before they get too big.

great looking plants!

a couple new pitchers from the LL tank..

still kind of small due to numerous setbacks, but getting there. N. (x Tiveyi x veitchii HL) x (northiana x veitchii HL)

IMG_3750.jpg

refusing to grow up.. N. northiana

IMG_3752.jpg

The complex one looks like a platy cross, but still looking good. I wish you luck with the northiana, it's an amazing species.;)

Don't think I've ever seen that first cross. I'll have to do some "photofinding" soon, but it's looking pretty cool so far. Good luck on the northiana, too. Mine is growing a little slow, but we'll if it settles in.

Love the peristome on the first plant!

Back