What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

I feel ya there, feel it out and go from there. May be fine. Idk. I know I tried to go cheap with my other gh's and ended up spending more in the long run. The solar idea can be incorporated into you new Perm structure. I'm so thinking about some. But focusing on getting GH finished first. And they were nearly suggestions. Nothing you had to do. I've found that this hobby and gh's in general ain't cheap.

I feel ya buddy.. This entire outdoor attempt is my first go at it. I mostly just wanted to get my plants into the sun while I could. Winter is too cold, summer may be too hot.. Who knows? They will always have a spot on the bench in the indoor GH if conditions get too severe. Will just have to keep a close eye on everything and go from there.
I really appreciate the tips, help, and advise everyone has though. Feel free to keep it coming as the season progresses.

It is nice to have so much growing space! I think the hoop house looks very promising. So the purps are growing in a your in-ground bog?

Thanks Mark.
Yeah, I've got the montanas seperate from my purp bog, and now planted into the larger bog out back. They've been growing indoors all winter, since I got them just before winter hit.

great looking plants, i was looking at your shot of S. purp. montana and i seen the droso there, is that a d. capensis? if so does it make it year around for you, or do you replant it every year, or do you bring it in every winter? Thanks

monkey_Cup

Those capensis that you see in the pic with the purps are just strays. Not sure where they came from, more of a nuisance really. Everything in that area was put there intentionally, except those. I won't kill them directly, since they are CP's afterall. But they're not getting any special treatment either. So into the bog they went, sink or swim.
Guess we'll find out this time next year whether or not they can survive our Michigan winters.

Things are looking beautiful as usual Mass. A lot of stripy goodness :)

Some very beautiful plants Travis. Your Tiveyi is just amazing.

thanks buddy..

Haven't ordered a shade cloth yet, but I have been able to keep the temps in check today on my first real test run.
All the windows in the GH are open, as is the large front door. Misted the entire inside with the cold garden hose.. outside it's 82*F, inside the GH it's 85*F.
I think with the addition of a shade cloth, I may be able to pull off growing the plants out there the entire summer.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. If you can pull it off maybe you can give me some pointers when I finally have/get a greenhouse of my own.

Last edited:
Thanks Mark. Appreciate it buddy..

So Mat called it.. A Disney Vacation for my eddie.
My package decided to sneak away to Miami for an entire day. But the next morning it made a beeline for Michigan. By the looks of the tracking info, a routing mistake was made, discovered, and corrected by USPS. No harm done though, the plant arrived looking gorgeous.

Last edited:
Excellent looking Eddie!

Thanks Christian, I love it.

great ,congrats on the eddy,take it that ones gonna stay indoors,

Last edited:
Indeed. Behind lock and key..

I'm glad it all got sorted out and the eddie arrived safely. It's a beautiful plant. There seems to be 2 distinct colors from Rob's seedlings - reddish/orange and dark red with green wings. Can you share the code that's on the label? I'm guessing it's 4502.

Great looking Eddie. I look forward to getting one eventually. No time soon though as I just broke the bank with Tony.

I wanted a short sleeve like your wife's. I have a large dragon on my right. Wanted a background added but don't look like I will do that. Wanted the sceneto go from arm to back to other arm. I'm into dragons. Your wife's arm looks great.

Thanks JB. She's loving her new ink.. Only time she isn't staring at it is when she's asleep.

Can you share the code that's on the label? I'm guessing it's 4502.

nope.. my label says 4405
Which one is that supposed to be?

oh not 4405!! sorry to hear that, that's just a weed... better give it to me and I'll dispose of it ;-)

Back