What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

• #1,001
Thanks everyone.. I am glowing!
Loving the feedback almost as much as the plants..

• #1,002
:0o: Loving those macro shots of the dews!

• #1,003
Is that a redwood burl inside that tank? If so. I have one too!

• #1,004
small update on the outdoor GH..
It has been aborted! Growth had come to a complete stand still.. Nothing was progressing, or (IMO) flourishing. So from here on out I'm strictly an indoor grower again.

:0o: Loving those macro shots of the dews!

Why thank you Deej! Pretty soon I'll be able to get some macros of the bog dews you sent me last year.

Is that a redwood burl inside that tank? If so. I have one too!

It was, yes. But it's dead now.. I murdered it in it's sleep for flirting with other humans.

• #1,005
Wowza I missed a lot on this thread! Your Neps are looking awesome - congrats on the Eddie, I'm looking forward to the updates. How many of your plants are going outside? I was about to comment on the neatness of your outdoor greenhouse but I'm sure that won't last if it's filling up soon!

• #1,006
Heya Tom, long time no see..

The outdoor GH was a total flop. The neps absolutely hated it! All of them came to a complete standstill for the 2 months they were out there. I hardened them off before hand to the outdoor conditions, but didn't take in to account the shorter light hours. They were still under 14hrs. of light indoors.
So I moved all the neps back into the den GH, and within' the first few days they all started growing again. Good thing I gave up on the outdoor GH, because just this week a tornado came through and swept it away! No joke!!

• #1,007
I gets a warm fuzzy every time you update this thread...
thanks Mass!

• #1,008
Aww.. That's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said in here. Thank you Larry.. Won't be long before I can update it again.

• #1,009
Heya Tom, long time no see..

The outdoor GH was a total flop. The neps absolutely hated it! All of them came to a complete standstill for the 2 months they were out there. I hardened them off before hand to the outdoor conditions, but didn't take in to account the shorter light hours. They were still under 14hrs. of light indoors.
So I moved all the neps back into the den GH, and within' the first few days they all started growing again. Good thing I gave up on the outdoor GH, because just this week a tornado came through and swept it away! No joke!!

Wow, good to hear they recovered quickly. Talk about a blessing in disguise!

• #1,010
looking good, was that seed grown veitchii on page 95 from me?

• #1,011
Travis I herd about that tornado,was it on Tuesday or around then? We get our tornadoes this month but had spits of rotation all last month as well, we shal see what happens sucks that your outdoor GH got picked off hopefully the damage was not too bad

• #1,012
Fantastic eddie Mass. congrats. :D

• #1,013
Fantastic eddie Mass. congrats. :D

thanks buddy.. It actually just popped it's first pitcher in my care. Will add a pic of it in my next update.

Travis I herd about that tornado,was it on Tuesday or around then? We get our tornadoes this month but had spits of rotation all last month as well, we shal see what happens sucks that your outdoor GH got picked off hopefully the damage was not too bad

Yeah Anna, that was Wed. or Thursday..
The damage (to plants) was minimal. Just a few sundews were lost since I had emptied most of the GH out the week prior.
As for property.. I have a big empty spot in the yard now where the GH once stood. :cry: But at least the house is unscathed.

looking good, was that seed grown veitchii on page 95 from me?

Thanks Jeremiah, that means a lot to me coming from you.
No, that red veitchii HL is actually one of SirKristoff's "candystripe" seedlings.

• #1,014
so pleased for you Mass that your plants were not in your green house,stay lucky

• #1,015
That is one fine looking villosa

• #1,016
Few new additions have arrived..

H. chimantensis (Chimanta Tepui)

N. macrophylla (Gunung Trusmadi, Borneo) (AW) ~ First of 3 new macros to arrive.

N. hamata (Gunung Lumut clone 1) (AW)

And a few pics of my flowering U. nelumbifolia..

• #1,017
:0o:utric flowers really are class and that one is no exception,loving the hamata and the macro looks like a sturdy plant

• #1,018
Thanks corky.. I can always count on you to comment when no one else does.

• #1,019
Sweet, very sturdy lookin hamata too.

• #1,020
I'm really loving the flowering U. nelumbifolia Mass! The Hamata is still on my wish list...I missed one on eBay by a couple bucks but that's OK as I was bidding with an unbridled compulsion that kinda scared me in hindsight when I saw how much I was into it for :0o:

Always love your pics and updates, thanks for sharing.

Lee

Back