What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pineapple's Greenhouse

can't be denied.. your plants look fantastic.

The new guys in their terrarium... (Left: 7" Brunei Red x Harlequin; Right: 3" Spotted Brunei)
2s1oop2.jpg

N. ampullaria Brunei Red x Harlequin
2rh4ow0.jpg

N. ampullaria Spotted Brunei
24fb5vl.jpg

So when I opened the box I was expecting for the worst, but they turned out okay actually. No crushed pitchers, no dead growth tips, ect. I was just a bit upset with the Spotted Brunei's size, but it should grow like a weed and put out adult lowers in no time. If it refuses to grow, into a terrarium inside the house it goes! :p

can't be denied.. your plants look fantastic.

Thanks! :eek:

Yay! Do not worry about size, my 'Lime Twist' came the same size as the brunei spotted and has quadrupled in size in about four months. It's already vining. Let us know how you design the terrarium, I want to know if the soup can works :)

Yay! Do not worry about size, my 'Lime Twist' came the same size as the brunei spotted and has quadrupled in size in about four months. It's already vining. Let us know how you design the terrarium, I want to know if the soup can works :)

Hehe, I am going to probably order a Lime Twist for Christmas. I'm addicted to amps and I don't even know yet how they will do in my conditions. :awesome:

If they don't grow like weeds, I will stick them in a terrarium inside where they will sit in 1/2" of water in 90F daytime temperatures with 70F nights, but just for winter. Only if they don't do well in the GH. I'll post pics as they grow. I hate the baby pitcher look for amps, but this guy is in transition between baby pitchers and adult pitchers. Should be just a few weeks before it puts out some nice ones. :p

ME UNPACKING AMPS:

2dujuhf.jpg

2hs2grt.jpg

34tc2yp.jpg

n6fasy.jpg

2zz712r.jpg

Gonna make a stand to set it on tomorrow and get it hooked up. ^_^

How cool! You may want to build a mini shed over it on the outside with vent holes in it to protect it from the weather. Can't wait to see how it does for ya! :D

How cool! You may want to build a mini shed over it on the outside with vent holes in it to protect it from the weather. Can't wait to see how it does for ya! :D

Meeehhh, there's a fence about six feet behind it, so... :p

Now thats a nice swamp cooler!:-O

bet it will last for a long time, unlike the old cheap one!

will this be in the greenhouse, or out? i kind of like the idea of having a small shed, it might be a good place to store a lot of other gardening/plant crap, as well as house the cooler. if the fence is six feet away, you could probably make it only about four feet, that would still work i think. were you saying that six feet is not enough room, or stating that you had plenty of room for such a structure? i m not entirely sure what you meant by that???

Now thats a nice swamp cooler!:-O

bet it will last for a long time, unlike the old cheap one!

will this be in the greenhouse, or out? i kind of like the idea of having a small shed, it might be a good place to store a lot of other gardening/plant crap, as well as house the cooler. if the fence is six feet away, you could probably make it only about four feet, that would still work i think. were you saying that six feet is not enough room, or stating that you had plenty of room for such a structure? i m not entirely sure what you meant by that???

The other one wasn't cheap. This one is just $100 more. :jester:

I build a stand for it. It will be outside the greenhouse at the back middle part and it will have that smaller part sticking into the greenhouse, or at least up to the greenhouse. There's no way I'm going to build a shed around it lol. I was saying the fence behind it should protect it from weather. :p

it sure was cheap in quality though

it sure was cheap in quality though

But no setup was required. :p

It will get set up this weekend. I'll start working on it maybe Thursday and have it installed and running by Saturday HOPEFULLY. I have the stand built that it needs to go on and it's at the right height. All I need to do is install the overflow and install the water supply line and floater which will be fun because the floater won't be able to float because there is that stupid hay stuff that they put in swamp coolers covering the hole where I stick the float valve in. It won't be simple, this is SERIOUS BUSINESS! :censor:

BTW I moved the amps inside in a LL terrarium where they will be joined by maybe a bical and a raff by year's end. I hope they grow good. :p

Pineapple what you need to understand about nature is if it should protect it the possbility of it protecting it is slim... anything that can and will go wrong might actually happen... even if its a cheap shrub protect... tee pee framed piece of wood with some plywood sides will help. In my experience I've learned that mother nature just like any other female... unpredictable.

Pineapple what you need to understand about nature is if it should protect it the possbility of it protecting it is slim... anything that can and will go wrong might actually happen... even if its a cheap shrub protect... tee pee framed piece of wood with some plywood sides will help. In my experience I've learned that mother nature just like any other female... unpredictable.

All we have here is high winds and maybe an earthquake, but that's it.

Oh yes, that more than makes up for the poor quality and short life of the device! *sarcasm*

Yes! LOL! :p

I have a plant coming either tomorrow or Dienstag, hopefully tomorrow so it won't have to sit in transit through Sontag and Montag. :awesome:

My plant got here and now my lowland terrarium is at capacity. :awesome:

hvt1tl.jpg

etb215.jpg

Nice! I think still think you need a raff though...

Back