What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pineapple's Greenhouse

Lookin good Pine! If you ever end up with a serious excess of sphag, I would like to propose a trade for a small amount. I am mostly a dew guy, but I do have x miranda cuttings rooting. Due to temps/forecast here I probably wont actually trade/ship till spring. Just a thought as the more dews I propagate my sphag could use a bit of supplementation. I got my first culture off of crapazon and it looked wild harvested due to some strange creepy crawlies. Won't do that again, but it is doing fine tho.

I GOT 14 SARRS TODAY!

inh5vs.jpg

11 are seedlings, 3 are the big ones that are potted up.

2ajav15.jpg

AND I GOT MY DREAM SARRACENIA THAT I DOUBTED I WOULD GET! I CAN STOP COLLECTING THEM NOW! :boogie: IT'S LIKE FREAKING RAINBOW! :spazz:

sytogg.jpg

Lookin good Pine! If you ever end up with a serious excess of sphag, I would like to propose a trade for a small amount. I am mostly a dew guy, but I do have x miranda cuttings rooting. Due to temps/forecast here I probably wont actually trade/ship till spring. Just a thought as the more dews I propagate my sphag could use a bit of supplementation. I got my first culture off of crapazon and it looked wild harvested due to some strange creepy crawlies. Won't do that again, but it is doing fine tho.

I would trade for tropical or subtropical dews. :p

Speak of sphag, I just wowed at a culture I started in late September!

n2bpn6.jpg

He it was on the 21st of October, some major improvements, huh? :)

2moyq2v.jpg

I'm trying to grow my cultures more dry. I only have 2" of medium in the bottom, so I'm filling it up about 1cm or less of water just to keep it moist. Doesn't dry out that fast during winter. I guess I'll have to revert back to wet sphag im Sommer. :crazy:

Tropicals/subtropical dews are mostly what I've got. Check my growlist and PM me with a few you are interested in and I will propagate a few extra so they will be ready for spring shipping.
Congrats on the Sarrs!

Tropicals/subtropical dews are mostly what I've got. Check my growlist and PM me with a few you are interested in and I will propagate a few extra so they will be ready for spring shipping.
Congrats on the Sarrs!

Not quite sure which ones I would want. I am going dew shopping soon for tropicals mainly, so if I can't find one I see on your grow list, I'll PM you the name. :)

Would you be able to do the trade in late Spring? My sphag cultures will probably pick up again in Febs or March and should make good growth through the end of the summer. I'll probably PM you within a few weeks and let you know which species I'd be interested in. :)

Late spring would be fine for me, but the sooner you know what you want on my list the larger (potentially) it will be when it arrives as I only trade what's doing well and propagating.

Late spring would be fine for me, but the sooner you know what you want on my list the larger (potentially) it will be when it arrives as I only trade what's doing well and propagating.

Alright. If you don't hear from me in a month, PM me. I have a terrible memory, but I should remember when I look at this thread again. The fun part will be trying to remember after four or five months to do the trade. :awesome:

Sarrs! :spazz:

I got some sarrs yesterday too, cant wait for spring so I can make a bunch of awesome hybrids. Congrats on getting them ;)

Sarrs! :spazz:

I got some sarrs yesterday too, cant wait for spring so I can make a bunch of awesome hybrids. Congrats on getting them ;)

Mhm, I'm happy I did. They are very cute! *_*

How long do you think it will be until the seedlings are the size of the bigger sarrs I have? Like 4-6" across, to be exact.

They'll grow fine. :awesome: You can get some adults sarrs and stare at them while you wait for the little ones to grow up.

And I hope you didnt use the miracle grow peatmoss?

They'll grow fine. :awesome: You can get some adults sarrs and stare at them while you wait for the little ones to grow up.

And I hope you didnt use the miracle grow peatmoss?

Nope, I used pure sphagnum. That's all I had. :p

Your little ones are going to be in the mail tomorrow. It letter is a little bigger than I expected but I sent you like 6 different types of sarracenia. The ones in the paper towels are ready to be sown and the ones that aren't labeled need to be stratified. Also I assume this is your SASE, it definitely is if your name is Tom...

Your little ones are going to be in the mail tomorrow. It letter is a little bigger than I expected but I sent you like 6 different types of sarracenia. The ones in the paper towels are ready to be sown and the ones that aren't labeled need to be stratified. Also I assume this is your SASE, it definitely is if your name is Tom...

That would be my SASE. :p

Thanks! I'll be looking for them in the mail. I'll post pics when I sow them! :)

NEW VIDEO: Watch in 720p!

Last edited:
always enjoy your videos pineapple. this ones definately unique. P.S your sphagnum is amazing.

always enjoy your videos pineapple. this ones definately unique. P.S your sphagnum is amazing.

LOL, thanks. People have told me that I need to switch back to some "regular" music but I enjoy J-Pop and Vocaloid more. :p

dat 240p :/

It should be available in 720p on YouTube... Might not look that good though.

EDIT: Just watched in 720p and it looks much sharper.

It helped the sound quality (oh god) but not so much the video oh well

Back