What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pineapple's Greenhouse

It helped the sound quality (oh god) but not so much the video oh well

Some of the effects may not be apparent to you since you don't know which effects I used... So many of the effects don't turn out well. They look 1080p HD in the editor, but they render like crap. If you look at the clips of the actual music video, I used the grainy effect at 100% strength but it just looks like bad video quality. I also tried to put an old film effect thing on that, it kinda showed up, but not well. My favorite effect that I used was the one where it turned the sun coming through the greenhouse rainbow. :awesome:

Nice video!! I think the music and affects really play well with Nepenthes. It reminds me of a sort of exotic hue which is perfect for Nepenthes, especially since they're exotic LOL!

Nice video!! I think the music and affects really play well with Nepenthes. It reminds me of a sort of exotic hue which is perfect for Nepenthes, especially since they're exotic LOL!

Thanks! I was told the same thing by a friend on another forum, she said that the music went really well with the plants and when she was watching her husband even came over to watch because they liked the song so much! :p

I think that was the least annoying Kyary Pamyu Pamyu song... I found a Vocaloid song that one would think is dubstep if they didn't know. I think I'm going to use that in my next video, it is in English too. :p

If you like odd Japanese music check out Blood Stain Child and Undead Corporation. One blends melodic death metal with techno, while the other uses a flute..... Your plants have grown a lot.

N. ventricosa x spectabilis from eBay...

339sygw.jpg

2nait0j.jpg

It's really weird... Doesn't even look like ventricosa x spectabilis, or just a weird clone... ???

If you like odd Japanese music check out Blood Stain Child and Undead Corporation. One blends melodic death metal with techno, while the other uses a flute..... Your plants have grown a lot.

It's weird, I only like kawaii Japanese music like Kyary or Vocaloid. I like Vocaloid death metal and stuff, but I'm not a fan of regular death metal. :p

Oooh, I like it! Tall too.

That's very different from the other vent x spec crosses I've seen. I like the bright colors. You might like Blood Stain Child's latest album more than their earlier ones. They hired a new singer, who is a blonde Greek woman, of course. "Stargazer" is pretty catchy.

That's very different from the other vent x spec crosses I've seen. I like the bright colors. You might like Blood Stain Child's latest album more than their earlier ones. They hired a new singer, who is a blonde Greek woman, of course. "Stargazer" is pretty catchy.

Yeah, IKR! But today it just haaad to sulk along with the vent x aristo. -_-

This is the kind of metal music that I like... Not sure if it is exactly death metal, but hey... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=191WVOWMFm8 AND this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWI4ase_OX8

Here's my favorites playlist from YouTube, I favorite every song I like so that I remember to download it. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=FLsIvgXs45z3EEAs0Z3TEbqQ

I actually like the way that first one sounds. For some reason all of my favorite bands use synth very heavily.
Looks like you're finally diving into Sarrs! Just wait until you start making your own hybrids and interspecific crosses.

I actually like the way that first one sounds. For some reason all of my favorite bands use synth very heavily.
Looks like you're finally diving into Sarrs! Just wait until you start making your own hybrids and interspecific crosses.

That's a good idea, sounds easier than nep hybrids. I have hybrid name ideas. :awesome:

My bog stuff...

55m0hv.jpg

Giant leucophylla

2rfrms4.jpg

Pot with a ton of sundews (aliceae and spatulata with a few small capes)

qnur2q.jpg

Whitish capensis...

2uzf1mr.jpg

I look forward to a video done Gangnam Style! ;-)

Nice! You picked the leuco becuase it was the only species that still had pitchers? :D

Nice! You picked the leuco becuase it was the only species that still had pitchers? :D

No, a lot did. There was a pretty big Judith Hindle that had maybe 20 pitchers on it like 10" tall for $18 but I didn't get it and I kinda regret it, but maybe it will be there next time... ???

I think S. leucophylla is my favorite sarr overall anyway. :p

Yeah Judith Hindle is nice, one of my favorite sarracenia. I like leucopylla too :D

Sphagnum from Bett got here today! These pics were after I put the sphag into cultures. Afterwords, I flooded the cultures to remove any unwanted pests. Will remove the water before I go to bed and reapply tomorrow.

The only bit that had red left on it... From looking at other strands, it looks like the red turns brown for dormancy during the winter.

jku2i8.jpg

There's some tan-colored sphag in the mix too...

2csi49u.jpg

And some with really dark brown heads...

23u7j29.jpg

And all cultures in comparison to my hand...

29w94iw.jpg

And here are some better pics of the dews! The main one you see is D. spatulata...

zmxdsn.jpg

A few utrics in there too, and you can see another D. spatulata and a D. capensis...

1zgg47d.jpg

Some D. aliciae...

2pq9lk3.jpg

Just ordered Drosera parvula subsp. sargentii, Drosera roseana, Drosera scorpioides 'Albany', Drosera occidentalis, Drosera x 'Carbarup', Drosera omissa x pulchella. 10+ gemmae of each. Just $31. :D

Last edited:
Back