What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pineapple's Greenhouse

1- you like to say crap
2- you buy lots of plants from costco
3- "this is a really hardy strain... ....it's kind-of, like dead" ah hahahhahahaa I loved that!
4- nice greenhouse, can't wait to see it move toward cps ;) good luck with the new heater and cooler!

Andrew

1- you like to say crap
2- you buy lots of plants from costco
3- "this is a really hardy strain... ....it's kind-of, like dead" ah hahahhahahaa I loved that!
4- nice greenhouse, can't wait to see it move toward cps ;) good luck with the new heater and cooler!

Andrew

I would say I bought more plants on eBay than from Costco, but they just haven't arrived yet. :jester:

Thanks, I'm going to order the heater/cooler right now and hopefully I can get them by this weekend to set them up. As soon as I get the heater/cooler out there, I'll move the neps out. I ordered 50% shade cloth to cover the entire roof and two sides of the greenhouse, so that will be good for my tropicals. :)

Hmmm... not sure about your light VS mine, but my greenhouse is only covered on the top of one side. ...just sayin. My cooler is also bigger and runs a lot though, so more shade may be good if you are counting on it for a lot of needed cooling.
Andrew

Hmmm... not sure about your light VS mine, but my greenhouse is only covered on the top of one side. ...just sayin. My cooler is also bigger and runs a lot though, so more shade may be good if you are counting on it for a lot of needed cooling.
Andrew

Yeah, I was just going to cover the roof, but I decided that it may help keep the heat out in the summer and hold heat in in the winter if I covered as much as possible. If I need to, I can take the pieces of shade cloth on the sides off. :)

I've decided I don't want these in my greenhouse. I think I would die.

2jffus0.jpg

***-still-bee is the pronunciation, cool plant. Grows good in sun and partial shade.

Love your greenhouse and can't wait to see it filled with your neps!

***-still-bee is the pronunciation, cool plant. Grows good in sun and partial shade.

Love your greenhouse and can't wait to see it filled with your neps!

Thanks! :)

In the next video I'll pronounce it correctly, teehee. It was listed as a shade lover, but obviously is liking the sunniest part of the greenhouse. It's doing the best out of any plant I have. :jester:

Thanks! :)

In the next video I'll pronounce it correctly, teehee. It was listed as a shade lover, but obviously is liking the sunniest part of the greenhouse. It's doing the best out of any plant I have. :jester:

I was not trying to be the pronunciation police, lol, just thought you might really want to know.

Yes, it does flower better in shade, but my mother has some in pots that get a lot of sun and they do okay, but this is Oregon with more cloudy days than sunny it seems. The ones she has under the trees with shade and dappled light flower profusely, I love them. They are very easy to grow and spead very nicely over time. :-D

I was not trying to be the pronunciation police, lol, just thought you might really want to know.

Yes, it does flower better in shade, but my mother has some in pots that get a lot of sun and they do okay, but this is Oregon with more cloudy days than sunny it seems. The ones she has under the trees with shade and dappled light flower profusely, I love them. They are very easy to grow and spead very nicely over time. :-D

Nah, it's chill. I'm actually happy that I can pronounce it now! :-D

Hopefully mine will spread. The leaves look very pretty. I can't wait for my Lily of the Valley and that other one to pop up, I will absolutely die for the flowers on those!

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

What type of frog is that? ???

Pacific Chorus Frog... They are the LOUDEST things. I hear some from a lake three miles away, others from the drains about a mile away and others scattered about. I haven't heard this one call tonight, so I'm pretty sure it's a she. Since she looks fat, I'm hoping she'll lay eggs right in the water reservoir in that fish tank she was in. When I went outside to get my bottle of nep fertilizer after dark, she was crawling on the glass inside the tank. If she lays eggs in there, I can watch the tadpoles grow up and maybe some will return next year! Would be fun to have a few in the greenhouse as long as they weren't crawling around where I would step on them. :-D

Passion flower came today. Growing on the toilet to acclimate to light, will be moved to the greenhouse tomorrow.

23k6i2q.jpg

The heater/swamp cooler are scheduled for delivery tomorrow as well. I will get the four coffee plants on Monday. Not sure about the three kinds of sugar cane, but should be here within a week or two.

I love passiflora. What kind is yours? I have a really cool hybrid that's tiny called P. manta.

I love passiflora. What kind is yours? I have a really cool hybrid that's tiny called P. manta.

Passiflora serratifolia. Should look like this...

68055.jpg

When should I repot it? It's in a pretty small container and it's in some sort of green foam...

I'd go ahead and repot now. A bigger pot is always good. Put in some rich potting soil and it will like it. They are very easy to grow. That's a very nice one. Here's mine. It's teeny tiny.

Eyelash Alien by Thagirion3, on Flickr

I'd go ahead and repot now. A bigger pot is always good. Put in some rich potting soil and it will like it. They are very easy to grow. That's a very nice one. Here's mine. It's teeny tiny.

Eyelash Alien by Thagirion3, on Flickr

That's so awesome!! Where did you buy yours? Local or online?

I got it from a friend on flickr. It will fit on the tip of your finger.

Got my four Coffee arabicus today. A bit smaller than expected, but should grow pretty fast. Moved them to the shadiest part of the greenhouse. Potted with 1/3 sad, 2/3 potting soil.

mu76g4.jpg

And the passiflora all potted up in 1:1 sand/potting soil.

30ses95.jpg

I got it from a friend on flickr. It will fit on the tip of your finger.

Wow! Smaller than it looks I guess. :0o:

Hopefully not about to open... It needs to be white and tubby like the picture I ordered it under...
1zfis21.jpg

Hanging with it's lower peep...
aytx81.jpg

Looks like the lower one told a bad joke and the upper isn't laughing... You know, cause the lower one is open like it's la... :-(
iwq23n.jpg

awesome nepenthes but what is it? :scratch:

Back