What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pineapple's Greenhouse

Moved everything back out to the greenhouse, video uploading.

I figured since it won't get below 50F at night and over 80F during the day, they should be fine with the door open so they don't roast or get burned by low humidity. It should be like 80% humidity at night and like 40% during most of the day, so meh. -_-

N. 'Peter D'amato' x maxima
27xnzu0.jpg

N. jacquelineae
ztvu43.jpg

Tendril wrapped around tendril...
2h396r8.jpg

N. x 'Momoka' leaf jump after coffee...
9i7fjp.jpg

14" leaf of N. spathulata x (spathulata x boschiana)
2h58bp0.jpg

Leaf jump after coffee on N. vogelii...
2m7xkqw.jpg

Leaf jump on Pasian Highlands N. truncata...
1zxnmti.jpg

Leaf jump on N. boschiana x mira...
121zprk.jpg

NEW GREENHOUSE VIDEO:

Last edited:
I likes your pasian :)

Is that miracle grow perlite I see on 6:11? O_O

Good to see an update! Looks like the coffee treatment has worked for you ;). Great photos!!

Good to see an update! Looks like the coffee treatment has worked for you ;). Great photos!!

Yup, it took time though. :(

I'm rendering a music video of them right now hehehehe. It will be up later tonight, YOEJA!

N. ventricosa <3 talangensis

Whole thing when I got it...
ra2mnc.jpg

Whole thing now...
sweopk.jpg

Basals when I got it...
qqxxf8.jpg

Basals now...
34gqyis.jpg

LOL those basals have really grown, haven't they? :D

Swamp cooler ordered. If I get it by next week, I can build a stand and cut the greenhouse next weekend and hook it up to see how well it works. It should be running in like 2 weeks maybe...

I'll fix the electricity as soon as possible, but that may not be soon. :p

New neps!

N. ventricosa

2eeedzc.jpg

ioiviw.jpg

N. bongso var. Robusta

2zhfqt3.jpg

33clkx4.jpg

Looking good dude! Can't wait to see more pitchers. Is everything back in the greenhouse? Did you get a swamp cooler?

Looking good dude! Can't wait to see more pitchers. Is everything back in the greenhouse? Did you get a swamp cooler?

Everything is back in the greenhouse. No swamp cooler yet, but it has been ordered and should be set up within two weeks. Day temps are like 80-85 and night temps are around 50, with humidity 90% at night and like 40% during the day. Not perfect, but not unbearable.

I have minimal experience with HL neps, but that seems pretty solid, except for the day humidity. What are you going to do in the winter, what's your climate zone?

Wow this ventricosa is so cool!

Cool arrivals!! Day humidity has never been a problem with me. If the Neps leaves appear hardy and waxy then they are adapt and will be fine with it.

I have minimal experience with HL neps, but that seems pretty solid, except for the day humidity. What are you going to do in the winter, what's your climate zone?

They haven't been outside during winter yet. I moved them out there in like April... In winter it gets down to about 30-40F at night, but I have a heater which keeps the GH at 50F on the absolute lowest setting. The day humidity will be fixed when I get the swamp cooler working.

Wow this ventricosa is so cool!

Thanks! To be honest, I HATE ventricosa... Except for the ones with nice, juicy peristomes and speckles like this one hehe. I went full noob buying this guy. :-D

Cool arrivals!! Day humidity has never been a problem with me. If the Neps leaves appear hardy and waxy then they are adapt and will be fine with it.

I moved them from the terrariums out to the greenhouse last week and the new leaves were all super flimsy, soft and unwaxy. Over the week, the hardened up and became more waxy. Hopefully I can get the swamp cooler set up quickly, but it will probably take a full day of work next Saturday to get it all done. :(

Are you going to do the gravity-powered drip system or the one from the spicket?

Back