What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pineapple's Greenhouse

So after I came back from my walk, I was stuffing all of the packing materials back into the box when I saw a drosera bagged up! Almost crushed it, good thing I saw it. D. binata... I didn't have peat moss and I saw some drosera and pings at my nep store in their sphag cultures, so I just decided to stick it in my bigger sphag culture so it always stays wet. Plus, it will make it look pretty. :D

Then I came back inside and stared to take stuff out of the box again to make sure I didn't miss anything and I found a ping, but luckily it was in a sturdy container and wasn't crushed. I stuck it in another on of my sphag cultures. I'll get pics of the two I mentioned later today. :)

Nice! I think still think you need a raff though...

Yes, I do! :-O

WEW! I got the swamp cooler up and running, complete with water supply line and timer. This should fix my humidity and overheating problems that I am having without it. Plus, nights have started to dip into the 40s so I hooked up the heater with it and I'll run those from now on.

Kay, so here's what it looks like from the inside of the greenhouse...
17uyi1.jpg

And here's what it looks like on the outside...
2hcm68h.jpg

It turns out there was ANOTHER dew that I missed! It is one with those long, flat leaves. I nestled it into some live sphag in a Nep pot. I'll get pictures of the dews and the ping tomorrow.

NEW VIDEO COMING IN ABOUT 25 MINUTES!!!

NEW VIDEO:

Nice!! I would say that low and high vent are most likely just like a fan setting on an AC unit (so it's just the fan blowing w/ no cooling action)

Nice!! I would say that low and high vent are most likely just like a fan setting on an AC unit (so it's just the fan blowing w/ no cooling action)

Ooooooh...! That would make sense. I'll test it out tomorrow. :)

but where the playmobil stuff gunna go? :0o: :lol:

but where the playmobil stuff gunna go? :0o: :lol:

IDK where it is actually... I think we dumped the farm, the police station, the airport and all of the pirate ships together. However, we separated the Victorian house, so. :p

i used to have the tropical island one with the jailcell built into the ground hehehe. used to love playmobil

i used to have the tropical island one with the jailcell built into the ground hehehe. used to love playmobil

Oh yeah? Well I had the pirate island one that went with the pirate ship with the ripped sails and there were little dingy boats and a rock that opened up where you could put treasure and then there's a jail with a lookout and there's a trap door in the lookout so if you pulled the lever it would open and the dude would fall into the jail. :censor:

thats the one im talkin bout!!! hahaha i forgot bout the trap door :jester:

Pineapple, I like your video.

Hows that for a comment?

The greenhouse hasn't came out of the 60s all day. :cry:

image.png

LOL... don't worry, it has been getting pretty cold lately here as well. A thermostat would help a lot.

LOL... don't worry, it has been getting pretty cold lately here as well. A thermostat would help a lot.

Meh, I like having my swamp cooler on a timer and my heater has a built-in thermostat. :p

It was in the 70s today, but the greenhouse was just so cold. Despite cool temps and 70% humidity, the sphagnum still dried out in some pots. -_-

In other news, my dews made dew!

why would you not have the swamp cooler on a thermostat as well? doesnt make much sense to me

why would you not have the swamp cooler on a thermostat as well? doesnt make much sense to me

Because I know when it is in the sun during the day and when it gets hot... I don't need to drop like $100 + time/effort on a thermostat. :p

so you gunna be home every day? what a life you live :p lol

Back