What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very nice. Filiformis hates me and my cool conditions.

The one thing I would possibly worry about is that you have cool temp plants (Ceph. and Heliamphora) with warm temp plants (N. ampularia), and you said the tank gets high temps in the 90's. They look great now, but that could be an issue down the line, I think especially for the cool temp plants. Heat stress could lead to Rot and just overall bad health. Then again, maybe you've been growing them like this for a while and they do fine in your conditions. ???

The one thing I would possibly worry about is that you have cool temp plants (Ceph. and Heliamphora) with warm temp plants (N. ampularia), and you said the tank gets high temps in the 90's. They look great now, but that could be an issue down the line, I think especially for the cool temp plants. Heat stress could lead to Rot and just overall bad health. Then again, maybe you've been growing them like this for a while and they do fine in your conditions. ???

I've grown my Cephalotus and Heliamphora in an even hotter (95F) tank that was much smaller for over a year. They didn't do as good, but once I moved everything to my current tank, they responded with mature pitchers and vigorous growth. Nepenthes ampullaria is doing great and pitchering.

Ampullaria2.jpg

feedingamp1.jpg

New Pictures:

Nepenthes campulata finally opened a pitcher after about two months:
Camp1.jpg

Camp2.jpg

Drosera capensis:
Capensis1.jpg

Cephalotus:
Cephalotus2.jpg

Flowering Utricularias:
Utrics1.jpg

I removed the white foam panels from the sides and front (just one left in the back) to allow for a cooler terrarium. My terrarium temperature has since dropped from 90F to 81F.

Terrarium1.jpg

Terrarium2.jpg

Terrarium3.jpg

Beautiful setup!

Its amazing how dark your cephs are! great color!

I know Im late to this post but just want to say I like this setup. Its simple, organized, and youve chosen nice plants. Your substrate looks very carefully composed for the plants. They seem to love that bright grow light! Nice job

I love that ceph. In the first pic the pitchers look ginormous!

Back