What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My yard this morning

:-( Link does not work for me, but so want to see

1) we have a canoe at the ready, to go between buildings.
2) those greenhouse are already flooded! (not a problem)

wait till you see some pics from five hours later!

Man, I do not miss that sight. Flooding used to be a huge problem where I lived, just outside of Houston. Many of my friends lost almost everything in various floods. Luckily we were just far enough away from the creeks and bayous not to have those kinds of problem. I'm hoping it recedes for you, Paul!

Last edited:
Whoa, thats a lot of water. You have some very nice plants in the greenhouse. Wish I wouldve thought to put my begonias in the greenhouse for the winter. Nice beard:D!

whoa geez. Is this why you have the house raised up? ???

Willamette river is high here but not near flooding yet

OMG! How are all the plants??? Safe I hope? Sounds like you have the house out of its reach which is good.. Man I dont miss dealing with living on the floodplains..

Jeeze, seems like this winter is being a real *&%$# for everyone. Just hope you don't have a cold snap and end up with an ice skating rink in your yard!

Our area does that every few years in the summer. That looks bad!

Benton County has been declared an official disaster area. Not to worry, we're safe here, although we came within inches of flood levels that would have done a lot of damage. Here is a picasa album with a few shots from yesterday.

I still have the canoe tied up right outside the kitchen door.

http://bit.ly/xXlgbH

Whoa! Holy high waters, Batman! Glad you're okay. Flooding is an event I've never had to deal with in all the places I have lived.

That's pretty amazing! We have some areas nearby that flood several times a year. I know several kids had to use a raft to get to school a few years ago. Once or twice the water has prevented us from getting to the nearest large town, but I don't think I've seen flooding like yours often!

Last edited:
Wow, Paul, after looking at those pictures it's amazing to think just a couple of hours north I've hardly seen any rain. Seeing that you said you "came within inches... of a lot of damage," does this mean the flood levels are now receding?

Paul, sorry to see this. I hope the situation is much improved by now, but the clean up is going to take a lot of work. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

wow thats alot of water... we live down on the lowlands but get nothing like that... hope everything will be okay for you. p.s. i like the design of your house and that greenhouse as well. completly round is the way to go and for the house awesome dark color. The motorcycle wasnt harmed was it? lol

Back