What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

update on plant penitentiary

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Hi all slowly the plant penitentiary aka my new grow rack http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129786 is getting tweaked. the computor fans are in place and I've been able to keep the humidity up in my nep/heli section higher than the other two areas as I had hoped.

Everyone is starting to settle in and put out new leaves. The cool growing moisture loving orchids are with the neps and helis making care giving easier.

My N. mirabilis who had outgrown the warm tank is living happily in there and starting to pitcher as well. the only nep not there is my n. gracililias (spelling?) and the truncata babies.

My previous warm tank now houses the remaining LL nep, my warmer growing orchids and some of my pings. i figure another few weeks and I'll know how much space i have for new additions. right now the rack is also housing some house plants and my veggies seedlings and I need to plan on saving that space for next year as well. ;)

LOL! They really are behind bars!

Glad theyre enjoying their incarceration.

I love the little greenhouse/wardian case in the top photo! It reminds me so much of the photo of Lil's full size GH I saw today. Good work on the pet-proofing + added hanging space in the process. That gives me great ideas for my little tent-GH.

Tent-house.jpg

Nice liitle GH there SB. I just added a ten gallon tank in one side for a more humid microclimate. next step is to change the shelving around, i need one section to have 30" head space for the phrags.

love those behind b ar neps awesonme setup

Back