What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mist Maker Brand Ultrasonic Humidifiers?

Hey everyone,

Recently the fan on my zoomed reptifogger stopped working. I was able to replace it with another computer fan i had lying around but I'm thinking of getting a new fogger. I dont think the reptifogger is going to last much longer and I'm doubling the size of the current tank shortly so it's going to be 4x4 feet and I dont think the reptifogger is strong enough.

I saw these:

http://www.mainlandmart.com/foggers.html

I'm leaning towards one of these two models:

Item: DK5-48
Generate mist: >500ml/hour High output 5 mister VDC fogger with 48VDC input transformer, including a K004 buoy, 32' long cord from transformer to fogger.
Price: $109.50/set
Out of stock
5 head high output mist maker High output 5 mister fogger with teflon coated discs, it diffuses 1500 ml water per hour. Powerful enough for almost any fog effect. For indoor, outdoor fountain, waterfalls, pond, green house or industrial use, also a great negative ion generator and humidifier. Heavy duty transformer, 32' long cable.
Fogger size: 3 3/8"diameter x 2 3/8"(h).

Item: M005
Generate Mist: 1500ml/hour
High output 5 mister fogger, indoor/outdoor transformer(120V/24VAC, 8.33A), 32' long cord from transformer to fogger.
Price: $95.95/set
Shipping included in USA.

I was wondering if anyone here has used these before. I'm going to place it into the bucket with the buoy and have a fan on the top with a tube attached and blow the mist into the tank that way. I tried to find videos of these models on youtube but had no luck. If anyone has any experience with these I'd be very happy to hear what you think of them :).

4' x 4' is quite large.. I was using a pond fogger for a few months, and it didn't seem to produce the amount of mist I needed. Personally, I use a standard Walgreen's humidifier that works amazingly well (Mass uses the same one, and actually recommended it). If I recall correctly, it was about $35.

4' x 4' wow thats a big setup!

Thanks for the link amphirion, I'll read through that thread :).

mato77429 do you happen to know the model number? I live in canada and we dont have walgreens here unfortunately.

mikefallen13 ya it's going to be quite big heh, I'm taking two 4 foot tanks and convering it into one. It's all ready to go, just gotta flip one tank onto the other, remove the front pane then pop in some sliding doors. I got a nice cooling setup too, even better than what i did last year :D. I'll post some pics once it's all done and the build of the tanks.

Just thought I'd throw a little update in case anyone else was thinking of getting one of these.

So after reading through the post, I was still set to get one of those 5 disc foggers, especially after watching a video of the 3 discs output (which was pretty impressive). But then I queried the seller the cost of shipping to Canada, and it would be $61 which is a little too rich for my blood. Going with a modified house version instead.

Back