What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, all the cool kids were doing it so, I might as well to. Here is my official picture thread of my terrarium, and soon windowsill as well. This started as just me taking a single picture of the heli to show how well it has progressed which I got from Swords who immediately divided his Heli he got from Butch. It arrived as a tiny little thing with a single teeny root last spring.

Terrarium:
Basic 10 gallon aquarium
Walmart light fixture
A single GE grow bulb, T5 I think.
Digital timer from Lowes.
Cheap thermometer/hygrometer from Lowes.
Aluminum foil backing.
Mass's amazing sphagnum moss.

Plants:
Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor from Butch via Swords.
Nepenthes hamata 'AW clone 1'
Nepenthes jamban and seedlings
Nepenthes sanguinea 'pink form'
Nepenthes spectabilis 'Pangulobao'
Nepenthes tentaculata 'Murud'

Heli

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tentaculata

sanguinea

spectabilis

jamban

You can see the size difference between the pitcher it shipped with on the left and the latest one on the right. I just got this in January.

hamata

Whole kit and kaboodle.

Very nice! Particularly like the tentaculata

Good looking plants ya got there. Everybody loves a happy hamata.

Nice plants. I love the tentaculata. I'd love to get one of those. The hamata is cool too. And the jamban is neat.

Looking into actually getting a real terrarium going. They quickly outgrow this one and the suspect plant gets moved to the windowsill. The sanguinea is next me thinks unless I expand. When my macrophylla gets here I'll be filled to the brim again.

I never had any desire for a tentaculata until I saw it at the orchid show at Longwood Gardens. Suddenly loved it.

Back