What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Growtent info

Hey guys i had a quick question...

couple days ago i bought a 4' by 4' by 78" grow tent. i was gonna get this...
4 Bulb/8 Tube T5 HO Grow Light Hydroponic 2ft/4ft 48" Bloom Veg Fluorescent Lamp.
Im pretty sure, but i wanted to ask if this is good? i am gonna hang it on the top (maybe a foot away from the top), and put numerous plants in the room. This will be the only light source. i plan to put the plants maybe three to four feet away from the tubes.
thanks!:-D

sounds good... but I have no idea why you wouldn't keep it outside/near a window as well.

Ok scratch what I said earlier. I did not realize the price of the entire 8 bulb fixture until now- 200 dollars!!:nono:
So now I have a basic question for you guys- what is the rule of thumb when it comes to illumination/ wattage per sq.ft.? I think I was overdoing it any way with 8 bulbs. Would a single 4 bulb 20,000 lumen t5 fixture support the 4'4'6.5' tent? It will be probably 3-4 feet away from the plants.
Thanks!:-D

4' x 4'? Well, put it this way, I have a 48'' long x 14'' deep grow rack and I use a 4 bulb t5ho fixture. If you're talking 4' long by 4' deep, I'd personally want to go with a 6 or even 8 bulb fixture, but it totally depends on how many plants you want to cram into that space.

Back