What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jht-union's greenhouses!

From now on, I will post my pics in this thread, I will not open more threads when putting pics, so get ready to scroll a few pages in the future.

Pics of greenhouses(during fall/winer):

I took these pics yesterday!:

Enjoy! :)

JHT-UNION

May 1, 2012

B52:

2kNgK.jpg

HPt5h.jpg

Fused Tooth:

aILri.jpg

KCxNo.jpg

bristletooth:

QAN5C.jpg

Sawtooth:

LMH7e.jpg

7L7yu.jpg

VFT Scarlet Maroon Iris:

LvZ2M.jpg

Wacky traps:

WYsXi.jpg

Last edited:
Is wacky traps any harder than a normal VFT? great pics btw, you should add pics of your entire greenhouses too

Is wacky traps any harder than a normal VFT? great pics btw, you should add pics of your entire greenhouses too

Hi mcmcnair,

How is the plant i gave you doing?

The pinguiculas are doing great for me. They must be liking the 100F temps and the high humidity in the greenhouses.

I grow wacky like any other VFT I have, last year it grew fine inside the greenhouse in a 8-inch styrofoam cup like any of the other VFT's that I grew in the cups before switching to 2ft containers this spring. It took the same temps as the other VFT's(19F-100F) and the same amount of light, so it is no different than any other VFT.

I will add pics of the greenhouses shortly! ;)

Good luck!

May 15, 2012

My new Sarracenia leucophylla tarnok. It is more than 2FT tall! :)
8dL0B.jpg

PP3DB.jpg

ITrTQ.jpg

QI51G.jpg

BfIxM.jpg

85kaq.jpg

6ljcJ.jpg

dMgAe.jpg

u9dnQ.jpg

W1rJe.jpg

Clearly my purpureas are loving the way I grow them, those are the biggest pitchers I have seen so far from a S. purpurea.
n2KFA.jpg

n2KFA.jpg

Catesbaei, love bug, lady bug, rubra, lecophylla, flava, minor, lava var, atropurpurea x var ornata.....and others:
FOJoq.jpg

DtldP.jpg

B52:
B0wp2.jpg

Seed growns: I didn't found many of plants having tooth variation but instead more plants with the red pigmentation. Even with the rainy days and days so cloudy, the plants which are all green in the outside maintain a very extreme red on the inside.
LcIFe.jpg

zJvS8.jpg

This is my VFT Long Maroon Monster, which was sent by Matt almost 2 years ago I think and it looks a lot like FTS Maroon Monster. This VFT is still small but it has shown to be a great plant with vey deep red coloration inside and the leaf blade with a combination of red in the margin with green....this plant certainly is growing well and grows vigorously like FTS Maroon Monster. The plant next to it looks a bit like Long Maroon Iris except that that the leaf blade is much more thinner and doesn't grow as vigorously as this one. Also, compare the other surrounding red plants and you will understand why this is a great VFT! I will put this VFT in TC this summer! :)
BdhPN.jpg

8aFzk.jpg

uv5YX.jpg

More comparisons of green vs red VFT's:
WsiUO.jpg

MUuxA.jpg

Some bigger VFT's with no name yet, the traps are very big and grow very vigorously, they remind me of yet another FTS VFT such as FTS Etna.
N8MYQ.jpg

0lkJM.jpg

I didn't measure the leaf blade, but of course you can see it is very large:
gXZGm.jpg

This is another VFT ( no name yet) grows like the other VFT above and looks like FTS Etna except that the teeth are much shorter and wide:
XZrHz.jpg

hwvEJ.jpg

TQP8v.jpg

And this is another:

SHwIQ.jpg

And more small VFT's:
6vlJd.jpg

Dionea was mentioning a lot of tooth variation, in this case, the ones I have show more red pigmentation and not much tooth variation. These are very appealing to the eye as they are completely all green and then the inside is completely deep red.
GNvm9.jpg

Adzov.jpg

And yes, they are submerged in the water:
qJMVr.jpg

GZXu8.jpg

A very interesting VFT with traps that look like cupped traps, small traps but the leaf blades are long:
QbqdJ.jpg

973H5.jpg

mtM19.jpg

VFT Long Red fingers:
7HVjb.jpg

The few VFT's I allowed to flower:
mVoz6.jpg

53fDf.jpg

tCKqq.jpg

S. flava var. atropurpurea x var. ornata:
YQpQq.jpg

VFT Fused tooth:

C3NGo.jpg

KQz5y.jpg

QfGMh.jpg

A nice blend of D. capensis and D. capensis 'alba': ;) ;)
JaVAQ.jpg

3ap7R.jpg

D. tracyi:
YkStp.jpg

D. filiformis:
c5GOi.jpg

VFT Fused tooth:

nSqBd.jpg

LGNLY.jpg

A nice comparison of color, the very green VFT is FTS Etna, and the red one is VFT Scarlet Maroon Iris:
iElwZ.jpg

Not sure:
uKeEl.jpg

B52:
uKeEl.jpg

dUm8F.jpg

nMtGv.jpg

g5oOw.jpg

8hAB0.jpg

VFT Trichterfalle:

kwiMw.jpg

VFT Bristletooth:
SD90r.jpg

UlYvs.jpg

2P2ge.jpg

S. leucophylla hurricane creek
Thx0F.jpg

S. minor:

VRXYI.jpg

Glucose produced by S. flava var. atropurpurea x var. ornata:
wA1IZ.jpg

bEVl3.jpg

S. love bug:
O0JYZ.jpg

MC6IX.jpg

s. purpurea var. venosa:
Gb6C9.jpg

DbsCu.jpg

5F8Mb.jpg

c3oep.jpg

uNHNb.jpg

2NDje.jpg

x6OU3.jpg

ITdjW.jpg

Pzk7J.jpg

I am able to fit about 2ml of water to the biggest pitcher:
a3QZI.jpg

M6gbA.jpg

g5OG2.jpg

D. capensis 'alba':
EJSTv.jpg

I love your greenhouses. Could you show a detail of the doors? I'm planing on building one like this and it's nice to finally seen someone that's done this. What size PVC did you use? Not all the pics are working for me though.

I love your greenhouses. Could you show a detail of the doors? I'm planing on building one like this and it's nice to finally seen someone that's done this. What size PVC did you use? Not all the pics are working for me though.

I will give you more info tomorrow about the greenhouses doors, pvc and all that.

I post pics at the ICPS as well ( a link to FTC) if you want to try, it might work.

I will post a pic tomorrow of the doors tomorrow night. :)

Thanks!

Lu0hz.jpg

bQRoS.jpg

26mQ9.jpg

The PVC I use is 1-1/4"

Albaca, parsely, cilantro, oregano, rosemary:

WwtZh.jpg

Nice droseras pot ;) :

1KafS.jpg

Can someone tell me what are the other small plants??? I know there's a bamboo but I don't know what are the other plants:

afsKi.jpg

Thanks for showing that. I've started stocking up on PVC and connectors but mine's the 1". Hope that will work ok. The bigger the pipes the more expensive the fancy connectors get. Is it latched with magnets?

Thanks for showing that. I've started stocking up on PVC and connectors but mine's the 1". Hope that will work ok. The bigger the pipes the more expensive the fancy connectors get. Is it latched with magnets?

You are very welcome!

You mean the door, the door was attached using a drill and of course nails. I have locks to protect my plants from people going inside.

The succulent on the left is a jade plant which is Crassula ovata. I've seen the one on the right before and I think the genus is Senecio but I could be wrong.

Sorry I wasn't very clear. Yes I meant the door and the part that closes. I didn't see a handle on it only those black things and thought they might be magnets to keep it shut. Good idea if you have rare expensive plants.

The succulent on the left is a jade plant which is Crassula ovata. I've seen the one on the right before and I think the genus is Senecio but I could be wrong.
Thanks, I have seen those recently in lowe's I just need to write the scientific and common name.

Thanks for your help! :)

Sorry I wasn't very clear. Yes I meant the door and the part that closes. I didn't see a handle on it only those black things and thought they might be magnets to keep it shut. Good idea if you have rare expensive plants.
Yup, and also you don't want people going in just to look at your plants( or stealth them), my theory is that, you take very good care of your plants and if someone by accident drops a pot or anything alike, you would be very angry......in other words, it is better that you have everything under control. :) ;)

I recently got plants from Meadow View biological Research Station: ( http://www.pitcherplant.org/ )

I have to say, I was 100% pleased with the sarras and droseras I got!
I can't wait for my plants to pitcher but I can already tell these plants are going to be GIANTS!
definitely if you are looking for adult, good quality sarras, then order from meadow view, be aware that you have to be a member in order to get 50% off, other wise it will cost you a great amount of money, but just pay the $25 to be a member and get all the plants half-price, it is worthy and not only for the plants but you are doing something to further conserve the land for CP's and is a great way to help fund Meadow View so that they can continue with their conservation projects! Below are the plants I got:

z7tww.jpg

RLn9c.jpg

lNnvf.jpg

bv5nW.jpg

CI8B9.jpg

B0pjs.jpg

CnRVO.jpg

z0VtU.jpg

1ID07.jpg

I forgot to take pics of the droseras I received from them, will do that shortly! :)

On the other hand, I got even more Sarras from a member at the International Carnivorous Plant Society(ICPS) (here are some pictures of his plants: http://icps.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=sarracenia&action=display&thread=5500 ) Another great source to get sarras, he has a huge list of sarras to offer if you want to get some rare ones too. send me a PM so that I can give you his email address and you can write to him(I don't want to make his email public unless if authorized).
here are the plants I got from him(he sent me an extra too!):

bOaJK.jpg

3MfZS.jpg

They dry during shipping, but should recover soon!
3LBMP.jpg

8Ml0P.jpg

OMaqe.jpg

91GUw.jpg

EQsEg.jpg

MTac9.jpg

oPtlu.jpg

yfAGQ.jpg

earlI.jpg

NfrRC.jpg

eMRnQ.jpg

Another update!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Today I finish filling all my 2ft containers and a new addition to the greenhouses, a very nice bridge to go from one greenhouse to the other! :D

9p6TZ.jpg

FXR6e.jpg

o0azk.jpg

and the bridge:

OHEbu.jpg

Enjoy!

outstanding work those mini bogs are gonna be great

oyrw2.jpg

D. filiformis flower:
LOpXf.jpg

jtd2u.jpg

iNxL1.jpg

fNO8a.jpg

SB5Aw.jpg

XRcCo.jpg

RDwNu.jpg

wJ0Vg.jpg

KyHXc.jpg

JIXNH.jpg

vfPOr.jpg

fBEyV.jpg

U. bisquamata:

rkT3o.jpg

TqDh5.jpg

1ddRe.jpg

QpXP5.jpg

csTjC.jpg

UNB9m.jpg

JyM7I.jpg

5ZwgE.jpg

CXc5g.jpg

oiGeN.jpg

The VFT apparently cut the cricket head!

HVY2H.jpg

VFT land:

HPSN8.jpg

jhKkH.jpg

07P0y.jpg

gpdb7.jpg

VFT FTS Crimson Sawtooth:
7irNM.jpg

VFT FTS Maroon Monster:

ZMjq8.jpg

EobN8.jpg

Q0OPk.jpg