What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Myles' highland tank

• Thread starter mylesG
  • Start date
thanks for stoppin in guys :) the hamata seesms to be doing okay. temps are only gettign down to mid 60s with current setup so really wann get the new tanks in and start using the A/C. 300 dollars worth of plexiglass was supposed to get here tuesday. First the shipping address was incorrect and then yesterdy the tracking info said that thye forgot it at the sort facility!!! bah humbug. it should be here this afternoon but i still have to first glue the pieces together then silicone it for a reliable seal. 24 hours for each to cure so 48 til i can put plants in. Everythings a process XD

_____

Last edited:
nice! congratulations

Looks great, Myles. What sort of lights are you using now?

_____

Last edited:
that's looks very nice Myles!! congrats*

_____

Last edited:
N. petiolata x trusmadiensis!!!!!!! it looks promising* your plants are looking great my friend :) how long did it took your robcantleyi to finally form the pitcher from beginning to now?

from beginning of it startign to inflate to now probably 3-4 weeks :0o: and from when the leaf started growing....i dotn even want to think bout it!

I'll keep track of this next leaf timewise and have an accurate timeline for ya :) its just stretching back and down....soon to unfurl and drop the tendril down.

Very nice plants, especially the Heliamphora!

ah man! mine is still has that lil thing on the new tendril... sigh* lol keep up the great work!

Nice pics!!! My N. (eymae x (stenophylla x lowii)) x trusmadiensis is also looking greeny :p. Don't worry, it'll color up after some time (they just need to adapt :) ). Where do you get your standard 3000k blooming bulb from (I thought blooming bulbs were red spectrum :scratch: )? Im planning to install some blooming bulbs in the winter to see what affects they make on the highlanders which should be full speed ahead by then.

i get all my bulbs online which is pricey if you only want one or two bulbs at a time. I use plantlightinghydroponics.com and order at least 4 at a time.

they have always been great to deal with and ship pretty quickly.

_____

Last edited:
I really like the N. inermis x bongso when it's that color. Good job! :D

amazing that itll be almost completely black in a weeks time :0o:

_____

Last edited:
Very nice!! I like the singa x hamata :D Awesome heli you got there, very nice colors indeed. I also cant wait to see what your 30,000 lumen does to it lol keep us updated on it

:drool:

AWESOME PLANTS!

cant even chose a favorite, they are all so amazing!

if i coulda chosen a favorite, i wouldnt have an out of control nep buying disease XD

thanks guys :) my collection is gunna be quite something when all my plants are adjusted and pumping out the pitchers!

Back