What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Myles' highland tank

• Thread starter mylesG
  • Start date
Nice pics! I really like the spathulata x ovata, reminds me of naga.

with all those hungry mouths are you feeding crickets, hopper fruit flies from culture or a specific fertilizer. Ive been very weary to try any ferts that they sell at the grow store. fill me in

all i use to feed is freeze dried bloodworms. they are easy to grab a pinch and toss in or grab just a single worm for tiny pitchers. very happy with em and one 10 dollar can has lasted me years

sry i havent posted pics....im in the process of upgrading the setup nd relocating all of my plants. pain in the butt

where are you relocating them too? your off site place? hope you have a big car to move all it in. I noticed your from mass. I will be moving here soon. and this is where i will end up recollecting from and getting my tent started.

yeah they are all getting moved into an industrial space i am renting. ill have to make 3-4 trips at least but it'll be great to have all the space they need and want.

i hope that ill have cuttings to share with ya down the road :)

you gottah post pics of this warehouse thing when its all set up. sounds interesting. I want to open a retail greenhouse/ speacialty terrarium place one day.

_____

Last edited:
_____

Last edited:
_____

Last edited:
_____

Last edited:
_____

Last edited:
Dude, your plants look incredibly healthy. Great update!

Love the way that robcantleyi x maxima turned out, too.

dude, everything looks fantastic!
What kind of lights are you rockin' in there? And how do you manage the temps and humidity?
I forget, so instead of looking back I'll just ask again.

Didn't realize I wasn't even halfway through the pics when I posted the first time. Mind-boggling variety.

Holy crap your N. raff x tm is INSANE!

thanks guys,

i have two four foot four bulb t5 fixtures in there but the one in front only has 2 bulbs in it (mainly to aleviate the amount of cooling needed) and the cooling system since about mid october has been a 6 inch duct hooked up to the window with two duct booster fans that click on when temp is too high. sadly ill have to use an A/C once temps outside get too high.i stopped using humidifiers in there cuz they just went through tooo much water and just use a 10x 20 tray with two flexible air stones in it for humidity. between that and the water evaporated off of the media, plants seems to be fine with it.

this is all crammed int a 4 x 4 tent, ill be transfering to a 4 x 8 tent in the next week or two once i build benches and get that all squared away. not gunna be fun or easy to relocate all these plants!

Your collection is spectacular. :hail:

i have about 10 new plants coming soon.... big price tag hybrids and an eddie :D

collection.... must....grow..........never enough

lol. thanks for the info home slice.

stunning

Its official... I hate you... but I also wish I had your collection... I don't really hate you but I kinda do at the same time.... its complicated... ok i'm gonna go sulk in a corner now wishing I could grow highlanders...

Back