What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Myles' highland tank

• Thread starter mylesG
  • Start date
a few years ago i had about 60 dif nepenthes plants before i had to give them up due to living arrangements. now im up to about 45 and i'v only been back at it 3 months!!! :0o: a disease, i tell you!

lol

you are doing a great job growing these!

Amazing :love: I swear you've got the cream of the crop best hybrids on offer!

Amazing :love: I swear you've got the cream of the crop best hybrids on offer!

thanks thez :) I saw that malesiana made a hamata x platychilla cross :0o: have you investigated this one at all? cant imagine a flattened toothy peristome but if it could be pulled off, i'd sure love to see it!!!

not many mature uppers to evaluate but a few on cpphotofinder look like their peristome is a bit flattened.

hope yours turns out be be a winner

Myles!!! I love all the plants! but you know my fav is the singalana :D yours is so dark and nice!!!! I Hope there is difference between both of ours! that's what makes this hobby even better.

_____

Last edited:
Amazing collection* <--- jealous! :-D

Very nice, mills!

Very nice collection !! All theses neps will take an entire warehouse when they will be adults LOL!!
You are a true nep grower :)

Absolutely gorgeous! How do you cool the plants at night?

i use an A/C unit to chill water that is in a cooler. the cold water is pumped through a small PC radiator in the tank with fan attached. it cools the air very well and with a controller such as a hygrotherm, the day n night tmeps can be set precisely.

thank you for stoppin in :) all the plants are so happy now, growth should really take off the next cpl months!

Cool, thanks for the method. I've been trying to see if I can minimize my power consumption with a homemade evaporative cooler. It's been working pretty well for my 30 gallon tank. Still can't get over how awesome your plants look, though.

looking good gonna be cool to see what the spathulata x spectabilis looks like

Very nice plants! Any chance we could get a picture of the whole tank?

_____

Last edited:
petiolata x trus is looking very promising :) Great growing Myles!

Back