What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Myles' highland tank

• Thread starter mylesG
  • Start date
Your mystery vent x looks just like my seedgrown ventricosa pure haha. But whatever it looks nice.

it may very well be... but i bought it as a mystery hybrid so i call it such. it was real cheap so im happy even if it is a pure vent :)

I've got one of those too, it used to make pitchers kinda different color than my real vent, then it went into a looong time pitcherless. It's just now starting to make pitchers so we'll see what those look like.

_____

Last edited:
Very nice everything Myles! Nice collection, nice setup, nice black eggcrate, nice seedlings, ect. :p

Well done! :hail:

EDIT: Hey, do you have a lime twist basal? Would you be into trading it any time soon?

Last edited:
see.. that's what I want to do. Move my indoor GH outside, and get one of these instead. very nice.

I would put the pings and dews up on the top step though. And keep the pings in a tank so they don't get uncontrolled moisture exposure.
Cephs up top too. These 3 are more light the better..
pings can go in the garage unwatered and dry from Thanksgiving to Valentine's. You know all this though. it's not your first rodeo..

Looks awesome! Really, really cool. The only recommendation is to see if there's any way to get the dews closer. They would redden so nicely under those powerful lights.

the only problem with raising the dews n pings is that i am using the table tray to keep them watered. i may hang some single bulb t5s over em about 6 inches over them.

Thanks alot guys, im amazed how close to full it already is.... but the plants are actually spaced apart now as opposed to crammed together.

no lime basals,and the next one to pop up is spoken for. gunna trade it for a garden tech. but drew has a lime twist as well, msybe he would trade with you pine :)

go to your local nursery or grow shop and pic up some long rectangular trays. I use them for everything.. And you're not going to want any coffee or ferts dripping from the neps to the dews and pings below. It'll KEEEELLL themmmm...

this is true... ideally i want this space to be just neps cephs n helis but there was extra space and the dews needed a home. i have plenty of 10X20 trays around though.... will probli do as you say before any coffeeing.

and as far as the pings... i only grow mexican ones. dont they grow under about the same conditions year round?

What's the cooling system for the tent?

Sick setup, man! Lotsa nice looking plants in there, love you nep collection. Bout Mexican pings... they like roughly the same temperature all year but as far as water goes, not at all. Summer are wet, winters are really dry during which they'll form dormant winter buds. Meaning, like mass said, they can, and should stay in a garage or someplace unwatered for the entire winter. You can kind of think tuberous dew in that case.

my barn is very very cold durin winter, below freezing much of it. I have grown some of the pings for bout 3 years now without dormancy :0o: ill have to figure something out so they dont burn themselves out. thanks for the heads up.

and thanks everyone, still so excited bout the new space. have a few plants coming from AW in the next cpl weeks now actually have space for them

yeah, just gradually cut back on the water till around Thanksgiving (as mass said) you stop altogether :D Oh and congrats on (basically) 500 posts! :banana2: :banana2: :banana2:

all pings should get a winter dormancy. Mexican pings are no exception. They experience a winter dormancy in the wild. Cool and dry..

pretty sure mexican pings do not go dormant as they grow non carnivorous leaves,i thought very few pings trully go dormant like the one in DVG 's crazy lil ping thread

That is one nice setup!

Love the set up! & the plants look grrrrrrreat :)

Back