What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 2012 Heliamphora grow rack update..

Everybody still seems happy and the automated watering has made things fun again :)

Pics taken a few moments ago
(humidifier turned off for pic taking purposes)

IMG_3985_hf.jpg

IMG_3980_hf.jpg

IMG_3981_hf.jpg

IMG_3983_hf.jpg

(all images are of top rack only)

Unexpected side benefit is water consumption has dropped to near zero. Since moving to the new system Ive only changed out the reservoir water 3 times. Only water loss is that due to evaporation.

Thanks for looking,
Av

Looks great as always, Butch. I guess you're able to maintain the cool temps with the fans alone, for the most part. If not, what sort of timer is the humidifier set to?

Where is amphirion? Hey amphypoo - we should go make a trek through Tincher Massif. It looks ripe for the pickin' :mwahaha: I call dibs on that sarracenioides..

Looks great as always, Butch. I guess you're able to maintain the cool temps with the fans alone, for the most part. If not, what sort of timer is the humidifier set to?

Mato, I use evaporational cooling.... the fans and humidifier run whenever the lights are on. All are on the same timer..... the two fans (and two power supplies) are for redundancy sake.

Where is amphirion? Hey amphypoo - we should go make a trek through Tincher Massif. It looks ripe for the pickin' :mwahaha: I call dibs on that sarracenioides..

Hey you, get off my massif..... dang cali yuppies :p

I guess we're running things almost exactly the same, then (granted.. I did model mine after yours).

Very beautiful Butch! Everything is so healthy and colourful, I hope your helis will continue to flourish in their new setup.

As for those heli poachers, time to get out the bandana and 4x4 :p

Very beautiful Butch! Everything is so healthy and colourful, I hope your helis will continue to flourish in their new setup.

Yeah, lets go catch those guys!
:suspect:

can we plan on making a hike sometime in august? the weather might be brutal during that time, but it seems like prime growing season for, and the best time to harvest H. minor pillosa. the sarracenioides is yours. but that pillosa, mine. :-D

and dont forget the SKS, every hillbilly has one, its a requirement.....
(regional humor LOL)

Thanks sir carn, stay thirsty...

edit:

owie, sets up parameter to protect pilosa :p

can we plan on making a hike sometime in august? the weather might be brutal during that time, but it seems like prime growing season for, and the best time to harvest H. minor pillosa. the sarracenioides is yours. but that pillosa, mine. :-D

True... the local predators will be absent migrating north for a little bit ;) :grin:

True... the local predators will be absent migrating north for a little bit ;) :grin:

sharpens punji sticks and sets out claymores with trip wires.... rawrrrrr

Yowza it looks like an actual forest of Helis, amazing Av!

Looks like very happy days on Tincher Massif. Potential poachers can be offered to the plant gods -- or the ailing Hugo Chavez. Rumor has it that there's a thousand meter drop from your mountaintop; and I so love rumors . . .

Back