What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sarr_X's minibog

2hnaoic.jpg

peatmoss?

an empty, undrained container?

the thread title says SX's new minibog?

what could i possibly be up to?

:p

Pretty nice container there, sarr x.

wait til you see it this thursday.

i am going to go visit a nearby CP nursery, and im gonna get some stuff for this minibog!!

i will also get some bladerworts for my new half-barrel pond!

oh, and pics, i will take lots of pics!

i have plants!!!!

:-O

gona go take some pics soon...

...and i have some pics from the nursery! ill make a seperate thread for that

here it is!

leuco 'Tarnok'
344wnds.jpg

2zxrq1d.jpg

whole bog
2uyh8pu.jpg

psittacina
34rvzpz.jpg

mcsqad.jpg

YAYYYYYYY!!!! I HAVE A BOG!!! :boogie:

Last edited:
thanks!

gonna gets some flytraps and purps from lowes too!

and eventually orchids!!!

very cool start, I love psitta

oh

i saw some bog orchids that looked simmilar to that at the carnivorous plant nursery i went to earlier today!

UPDATE!

drosera filiformis that hitch hiked in with the tarnok

maj8gi.jpg

idvbsz.jpg

insect stew

289letf.jpg

new pitcher

5f5iww.jpg

top view

zirm9k.jpg

my bog and pond

fd7tds.jpg

:-D

whoa. That pond is super cool. I want one!

thanks! it has waterwheels!

i think you should go for it mass, is super easy to make one, and pretty cheap! just need a half barrel and a liner of some sort. i used a rigid pond liner that was a good fit for my barrel.

im going to make a seperate thread for the pond, i have loads of pics of it!

I SAW SNAILS ON THE TARNOK LAST NIGHT!

come on, little guys, over the edge, come on, why dont you take a nice fun swim in the nice friendly swimming pool...........of death.........:mwahaha:

Last edited:
a new hitchhiker has shown himself!

2zylymw.jpg

Any ideas? intermedia? rotundifolia?

i found a tomato hornworm in my garden today, so i cut it into bite sized pieces for the tarnok. while cutting it open, several little white maggoty looking things came wriggling out!:puke:ewwww, parasites!!! i put the chunks in the pitchers and they slid right in. yum, wasp larvae infested caterpillar chunks!

:0o:

another little update...

cool picture i took of my parrot pitchers

2jetd6r.jpg

the Drosera filliformis has been growing quite a bit, and now i think it might be Drosera tracyi, not filliformis

2hnt3me.jpg

i think i may have a little problem with the tarnok. a lot of the newer pitchers are starting to look like this, twisted and a little deformed. i thought it might just be some form of heat damage to the pichers, but then i saw some small, almost mite-like bugs crawling on the pithcer in the second photo, and im afraid that they might be some type of aphis. none of the other plants seem to be affected. any advice as to what i should do, or am i just freaking out over nothing?

1z31ljp.jpg

this one is only a little deformed, compared to some others, but it is where i first noticed the bugs, or whatever they are. i have not seen them since, but they might still be there...

j6mwxh.jpg

Last edited:
Back