What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

behold cpbobby's death (mini)bog

It is coming along nicely and was built entirely off the generosity of collectors. I have a few free spots for some sarrs and would like to get some more ground dwelling temperate sundews; (namely rotundafolia) to fortify the ground defenses and this thing will be right.

When the time comes I plan on making it a recirculating bog...which at the moment is just a loop but the groundwork has been laid. :)

102_0033.jpg

Nice setup, can't wait to see it grow up.

thx for the dews....1 of them is flowering...can't wait will they start dropping seeds and really fill that badboy up. :) .

Wish I could have a bog, yours is really nice! :)

hey thanx....it is still a work in progress...but overall I am very happy with it so far.

Looks awesome! I've always wanted to have a huge bog pot. Are you thinking about covering the surfaces with moss?

Looks very promising. Keep us up to date!

perhaps once the plants get a little larger to provide a more dense cover for the sunlight so the moss can grow. ill wait 1 or 2 seasons to get more drosera in there and hopefully some dionaea at some point :).

I see potential! :grin:

lol yep I want it to be thick, lush and deadly to any insect who is brave enough to go after that sweet nectar. I need to try to get a bunch of dionaea and temperate drosera to guard from ground attacks and the bog will be complete. Other than making it a recirculating bog; only other goal is to get about 6 more grown sarrs in there to swap them around some like when all of these make mature pitchers I need to decide what I like/stays and what I do not like/goes to a new minibog.

Overall I think I am closer to the end than the beginning. Last thing is to List what is in there and give credit to my benefactors. :)

I think some nice D. intermedia would look good in there.

oh yeah...I definitely need to work on adding some low growing temperate dews like rotundafolia and intermedia and a few dionaea as well. Once I get a good primary layer; I will just let everything flower and let nature take care of the rest as far as filling up the bog. pollination however might be a problem in the future...all the bees will be killed before they can do their job....lol

I have a pretty thick forest of filiformis and intermedia, they seem to get polinated ok despite the hazard.

I think drosera are self-pollinating.

Back