What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello!
I would like to share with you my humble collection of CPs :) all my plants are basicly new in my collection (just started) and they are accomodating. Criticism is welcome :) tell me what to improve.
Yesterday I was fighting with fungus in terra, hope it will be ok now.

do8tAl.jpg

Nepenthes Ampullaria Harlequin - accomodating
1DLHMl.jpg

Nepenthes Ampullaria - from seeds
GZUCul.jpg

Nepenthes Mirabilis var. Globosa is making new pitcher :)
ISQZil.jpg

Urtnbl.jpg

Nepenthes x Trichocarpa
qm3yVl.jpg

Nepenthes Ventrata - my biggest
MRJgxl.jpg

Nepenthes Rafflesiana 'giant 88' (it doesn't like it in my terra) and Nepenthes Ampullaria 'Green' (started to grow new leaves)
qDP7Dl.jpg

Pinguicula Emarginata x Weser
QRrVAl.jpg

Pinguicula Tina and Pinguicula Emarginata x Weser
2XYAGl.jpg

Dionaea Muscipula Regular Form and Dionaea Muscipula "Big Mouth"
MQsu2l.jpg

Cephalotus
YUt1Ol.jpg

Few dews
ymK0zl.jpg

Sarracenia Purpurea ssp Venosa - I bought it a while ago in a market :)
Rgcnrl.jpg

I have changed a little bit, becouse of the fungus problem that I had. Now it looks more clean :)
CbM35l.jpg

Looks great! I say stay with this "clean" look. What kind of lighting are you using?

Without proper ventilation and air movement fungus is going to be a constant problem. You may want to invest in a couple small computer fans to move that stale air around a bit. Should help things tremendously.

Looks great! I say stay with this "clean" look. What kind of lighting are you using?
I will stay with that :) I'm using T5 2x45W 10000K and 8500K

Without proper ventilation and air movement fungus is going to be a constant problem. You may want to invest in a couple small computer fans to move that stale air around a bit. Should help things tremendously.
I've added yesterday one computer fan (left upper corner on the photo). Shall I put more?

Nice looking collection!

You could have two I suppose. One on one end blowing fresh air in, with another on the other end blowing air out. That way you have a constant circulation of fresh air. But hey, one fan is better than none.

Nice looking collection!

You could have two I suppose. One on one end blowing fresh air in, with another on the other end blowing air out. That way you have a constant circulation of fresh air. But hey, one fan is better than none.

Thank you for your advises. I will change a little bit :)

This is not really a suggestion but more of a question that popped into my mind for the more experienced people.

Can the sphagnum moss grow directly on the bare egg-crate? Does sphagnum need to grow on any medium or does it only need water.

This is not really a suggestion but more of a question that popped into my mind for the more experienced people.

Can the sphagnum moss grow directly on the bare egg-crate? Does sphagnum need to grow on any medium or does it only need water.
I heard that it will be ok with that. It grows better with soil underneath, but I've seen that sphagnum can grow on water only :)

I have brand new pot for my cephs :)
o9mpEl.jpg

N. x Ventrata and her new pitcher
C57g2l.jpg

N. x Trichocarpa making a new one, still a baby :/
hhYDol.jpg

My terra right now
kH0Ihl.jpg

N. x Trichocarpa opened up
TxSTnl.jpg

N. Ampullaria making a new pitcher
K7ZoPl.jpg

Cephs
1qN4Pl.jpg

D. Venusta
4SKKVl.jpg

My new ceph
urf0Cl.jpg

'Looks like an excellent start. 'Lots to look at.

I just got a D. venusta a short while ago. I think it's going to be one of my favorites.

'Looks like an excellent start. 'Lots to look at.

I just got a D. venusta a short while ago. I think it's going to be one of my favorites.

Thanks.
Yes venusta is beautiful. I like it a lot.

A small update:

N. spathulata x aristolochioides - second pitcher
SY42sl.jpg

N. ampullaria 'Green'
IPr3Fl.jpg

D. prolifera - getting better in sphagnum
Jf5XAl.jpg

N. bicalcarata - first pitcher after buying
oTbKil.jpg

Cephalotus typical - first pitcher after buying
qpXzul.jpg

and my new plant