What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi guys,

I currently keep my CPs in my terrarium (10g tank with peat/sand/coir mix) or my sunny windowsill. I am planning on putting a plant rack together to give me more space, better control, and overall convenience. The rack I'm looking at is a wire shelf found here. I'd like to confine all of my indoor CPs to this rack.

Here's a picture of that rack:
2121c48b-1c2f-4f04-a83a-6db0e6ca968a_300.jpg

I plan to sit this in my sunny window and supplement with some artificial lights, probably CFL.

I think I will empty out the soil from my 10g terrarium and use it to individually pot all the plants (mainly droseras), then I can have a nice little OCD-friendly terrarium. I'd like to have this just for sundews. I have an empty 20 Long that would be nice for Lowland neps; if I expand my LL collection past my 1 amp (which I would really like to do), I think that's what I'll use it for.

I'd like to have the top tier or two be for HLs and my future Ceph. I'm wondering if I should wrap 3 sides of a certain tier in plastic to help keep the humidity up a bit. My room is over a garage, so in the winter it gets really dry.

I'm just starting to get my thoughts together on this, so any help/concerns/comments/advice/etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a good plan. Just make sure that the plants on the bottom do not get deprived of light because of other pots above them. Good luck

Sounds pretty good. Just keep in mind that you will need A LOT of windowsill light to keep sundews happy. I would definitely recommend either rigging up CFLs or placing a reflective material behind the pots to double the natural light intensity. The humidity should be kept up around any LL neps. Good luck!

Back