What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My indoor greenhouse and desk setup

Wow! That truncata x TM 'Red' looks awesome. I'm sure it'll be a really nice one once it matures.

We have the exact same setup! even down the the greenhouse type and water works inside! haha ill post a pic, if thats alright?

Thanks for the posts :) I love seeing other people's setups! Things are looking good

Could you post a pic of your closet setup? I'm thinking about maybe doing something similar.

Yes to everything above! lol. I always love seeing other people's setups as well. I'll post a photo of my whole closet here in a bit. Thanks y'all!

I picked up one of those
truncata red x TM as well. Definitely a promising cross..

Your "regular" truncata x TM is amazing too! Your plants are looking killer man as always!

Got a few heavy hitters in yesterday!

Ventricosa porcelain
IMG_5616_zpse143d3ef.jpg

IMG_5620_zpsfe51bd59.jpg

IMG_5608_zps2abc2153.jpg

ABG "burkeii" (most likely actually ventricosa) x lowii
IMG_5604_zps8d39b3b7.jpg

IMG_5603_zps98b875a7.jpg

And this gorgeous maxima III from the 80's
IMG_5602_zps3348aa2e.jpg

IMG_5600_zpsf1cf4a8c.jpg

Thanks for looking y'all!

Last edited:
Lookin' good Greg. That maxima III is really unique looking.

The guy I got it from thinks it may be of hybrid origin. It's from Sulawesi. I'm not sure what the possible introgression could be though... Any ideas? Or do you think it's just pure maxima?

Couldn't even begin to speculate. Sweet looking plant though.

good Lord.. I've nearly forgotten what grass looks like. Seems like a never ending snow storm here lately.
Plants look like they're enjoying life as well. :bigthumpup:

Looks like maxima to me. Introgression can go so far back that some of these plants wouldn't be classified as species if it were relied upon too much.

Thanks guys! Means a lot coming from the "heavy hitters" such as yourselves! I'm stoked that I finally got my hands on a porcelain and a briggsiana. Cheers!

Briggsiana ABG clone ;) I'm really excited to have finally gotten my greedy mitts on one of these!
briggDSLR2_zps47b6ad58.jpg

briggDSLR_whole_zps7ec64bcd.jpg

lowii x campy: I love how much these darken up from this point
lxc4_zpsfa666c34.jpg

glandulifera x ephippiata (Hose Mtn.)
GlandxephipDSLR3_zpsb0818f37.jpg

GlandxephipDSLR_livida_zps8a0e825b.jpg

Here's a shot of my messy terrarium, with N. vogelii front and center:
vogelii_DSLR_zps4106db0e.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Mini maxima put out a gorgeous pastel pitcher with some shweet striping! Who said maxima was a boring species?? Utricularia livida in the background:
manimaximauppercopy_zps22aa11b5.jpg

Also, here's maxima x glandulifera. This plant has colored up quite a bit since this photo and the glandulifera influence is more prominent. I'll post photos tomorrow:
maxxglandcopy_zps8d8b9a8e.jpg

Back