What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My indoor greenhouse and desk setup

Looking good Greg. Care with those Utrics though. If they grow into each other it'll be a super pain to separate them.

I have two divisions of nephrophylia in there and the asplundii in the corner. I realized this morning that I should probably just keep it one species of utric so I took it out.. I wan't to put something else in there though... Not quite sure what though.. Maybe a drosera that will do well.. ???

Try D.adelae, prolifera or schizandra.

I have a ton of adelae minis that i should throw in there. Good call!

That raff is a great color. That light purple isn't too common. I can't wait to see the peristome on it.

dang.. ocean view and everything!?!? Forget you coming here, I'm on my way!

Is that the admirabilis I sent you?

Yeah, thats the dew that you sent. It's definitely not an admirabillis. Looks more like a spatulata... I was waiting for it to fill out a bit but since it's healthy now I can tell that it's surely not what it was supposed to be haha! Did you pull the ol' switcharoo by mistake? :jester: I tried to PM this to you but your inbox is fullz.
And Travis, come kick it before it's gone!!! I have to move out in 25 days:censor: :cry:

Paul, I can only hope to have a greenhouse and a collection HALF as nice as yours is :hail: I look to your blog for inspiration on the daily!

...Yikes. I've never used this many emoticons in one post EVER.... Forgive me!!

I think I'm living back in SB, so when I come back, prepare for a (growing) duel!

Why is every dew I grow from seed spatulata?!?!?!?! Another freaking mislabeled seed pack! It looked like admirabilis when I was growing it.

Lol! Well, at least I only paid a dollar for it in the auction... And Roxor, I'd love to duel you!! Let me know when your cruising back!

Every time I get Drosera seeds they never turn out to be what they say...

Great tillds flowers ! (i think its tillds?)

Tillies!! Thanks! And Check out the new Vent x rob! This thing is pretty rad. Also, it has two growth points and a basil :D Thanks a million Paul!
IMG_0783_zps0910a447.jpg

That thing looks pretty massive! Make sure you don't fall in.. You'll never find your way out.

Just got back! Go easy on me, my plants need to adjust haha.

There's a lot of liquid in that pitcher:-D
Loving your collection!

Kenny

Nahhh it's just the waxy coating on the inside of the pitcher. Most nepenthes have that "cut off line" if you look at them from the top. Theres really only about a half inch of liquid (give or take) in the pitcher at the moment. I can only assume that the colors are more intense in that section just to lure insects, and that theres no need to have the whole interior be a mottled splash of color. Perhaps someone can better answer that question that myself.. Thanks for the compliments though! And Roxor, we should meet up at some point this summer my neezy!

OK! Update time!
Some plants have jumped very significantly in pitcher size
Sanguinea
IMG_1651_zps8d2f0920.jpg

N. "riddler" put out a ridiculously large leaf..
IMG_1649_zps289a5686.jpg

IMG_1648_zps9d568d87.jpg

Tentaculata "gunung raja"
IMG_1642_zps93b5230c.jpg

Started making this little open air terrarium thing with two pots that I can fit my little nep pots in. Once the LFS grows it will look pretty cool I think:
IMG_1641_zps7ea639e3.jpg

Sang x gracillima perhaps??
IMG_1635_zpsc6af1985.jpg

IMG_1632_zpseaf7d5a5.jpg

H. Heterodoxa
IMG_1630_zps11a396e8.jpg

My favorite :glomp: ramispina BE (I'll post again tomorrow when this pitcher opens)
IMG_1629_zps8b2653c2.jpg

Hamata clone 3 I believe
IMG_1624_zpsd8e1e737.jpg

Little SG reinwardtiana from Johnny. Thanks Johnny!!
IMG_1620_zps413f6d52.jpg

IMG_1619_zpsd468d28f.jpg

My little sib!
IMG_1617_zpsd4e49658.jpg

I'm pretty excited about this spectabilis x singalana
IMG_1616_zps170c36b9.jpg

IMG_1615_zps9db7a43c.jpg

N. veitchii "bario" SG had a nice leaf jump as well!
IMG_1614_zps86ea8e27.jpg

Heres a little LL chamber I created yesterday:
IMG_1600_zps8c1ad5f5.jpg

Amp:
IMG_1592_zps3fcd1609.jpg

My oldest nep... Also my smallest and slowest to acclimate (from out "texan" dealer) Amp "harlequin"
IMG_1590_zpsdbe41d0d.jpg

"Singapore garden tech"
IMG_1589_zpsb59aafa9.jpg

Outside we have a little ventricosa:
IMG_1583_zps05b2c8fe.jpg

And a vent x rob (Thanks Paul!!)
IMG_1582_zps51351a5e.jpg

Also from Paul, N. bongso seedlings Yay!! (Not outside though)
IMG_1595_zpsd1189ee8.jpg

Some bromeliads:
IMG_1578_zpsa8d03474.jpg

Purp from Travis! Thanks again brotha!
IMG_1577_zps958f2a32.jpg

Purp hybrid:
IMG_1576_zpseb9125cc.jpg

A table with a few neps and a masdevallia thats flowering again. This wild collected sang x ramispina is one of my favorite plants
IMG_1575_zps09319d85.jpg

N. "gentle"
IMG_1599_zpsd8493cca.jpg

IMG_1598_zps544865f1.jpg

And a B. fascinator for TOG
IMG_1626_zpscd6e63db.jpg

There are a bunch more orchids and whatnot that I'll add later..

Last edited:
Wowzers, what did you feed that Riddler? Actually almost all of your neps seem to have had a big jump recently, looking good.

Back